Sign in to follow this  
Guest babewatcher

Clouds and winds

Guest babewatcher

Hi AllJust wanted to add my 2 cents re these 2 great programs. Since downloading the bundle I have been flying letting the weather dictate whatever textures to use in the program. I must say that the clouds and sky textures are incredible. For those complaining about no solid cloud layer I attach this photo. It sure looks solid to me. My only complaint with the program so far is that I am still getting wild shifts in wind direction at high sltitudes. I flew today from Miami to Atlanta at 32,000 ft. Winds at the 30000 and 34000 levels all showed to be coming from the west. This was the prevailing winds experienced at 55-60 knots. However without warning on numerous occassions at cruise level the winds would suddenly shift to 350 degrees than to 200 degrees and at one point went to 90 degrees for a while gradually going to 60 degrees before suddenly reverting back to 260 degrees. This was all at the same velocity. It never changed thou the wind direction was all over the map. I am not sure what is causing this except possibly meteor reports that are in error.If this is the case is it possible to filter these out. At it stands now the passengers are not happy when they arrive at the airport.Don

I too hope they find a way to implement the 1 degree per x sec's wind direction change like in FSUIPC for fs9. Same for the gradual pressure change. Too often i'm suddenly 2000 ft higher or lower. Somehow i have a bad feeling about this though, FSUIPC4 is still missing those options too. Like if there's no control for in simconnect?Regards, Gerrit

Guest babewatcher

I have to admit I was extremely hopefull that the FSX patch would correct the problem with upper level winds. The problem doesnt seem that bad under 20000 ft. however in the 30000 ft range it is constant, Just finished flying at 34000 ft from Atlanta to Dallas and had winds bouncing at cruise from 270 range to 70-90 degrees, I never had problems before until this week with the sudden pressure level change until I was flying from Miami to Bermuda. I was cruising at 19000 when suddenly I found myself in a climb from 14000 ft. Eventually it sorted itself out but it was a bit of a shocker. Sad to say these 2 problems take away some of the enjoyment of the sim. What good is all the eye candy if the planes wont fly? Sure hope someone finds an answer to this problem that has persisted since FSX was first released.Don