Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gabsau

Speed problems whilst flying

Guest Gabsau

Hi everyone,First and foremost I'd like to congratulate HiFi for such a great product. I have the ASX-ASG bundle and the weather effects are simply amazing!Anyhow, back to my problem: Since I've installed ASX/ASG - I've had a strange problem which occurs when I'm at my cruise altitude and speed of about 20, 000 feet. I'm not sure if it is a weather effect or problem with the software, so I'd like some opinions.As my plane is flying at 0.78 MACH there are several sudden jolts throughout my flight which catapult my plane to 0.86-0.90 MACH in the blink of an eye, where I'd have to arm my spoilers or I get the message 'Aircraft Overstressed'. [my aircraft can also suddenly swing to one direction or another whilst in flight]Additionally, Whilst this is happening, at times, my aircraft speedometer jumps to zero (0) when in actuality my aircraft is speeding up. This is more of an annoyance than anything, as I cannot tell my speed and bang - my aircraft becomes stressed. Any ideas as to why this is occurring? I was wondering if this might be a wind effect from ASX? I'd appreciate any help.

Guest Gabsau

>Hi,>>Thanks for the words! >>You are getting the effects of icing and your PITOT tube is>freezing up. Please turn On PITOT heat in your plane,>shift/h.>>Thanks!>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/Wow, thanks for the quick reply.And another wow for my newbness hehe - I didn't realise I had to turn it on as on standard FSX (without ASX) that had never occurred. Seems like ASX is doing it's job nicely!Thanks again. With regards,Gabriele

Guest Gabsau

Hi again,I've made the changes when I'm flying and unfortunately the problem persists.My aircraft is tossed around the air as if it is in a hurricane (left and right and up and down), however it is flying in smooth weather. It always happens when I reach FL150 and above (15000+ feet). I've made sure De-icing and PITOT heat were on. I am running Radar Contact in conjunction with ASX/ASG. Not sure how to explain it more succinctly. If it keeps up I may have to reinstall my FSX and see if that resolves it.Thanks,Gab

Guest Temp

Hi there Gab.I've had the same problem too. Even though the de-ice and pitot switches are on, the problem still persists. In addition to ASX, I also use another great product for "Real Weather" and the problem is evident when using that weather machine as well. Increasing wind speeds and crazy sudden shifts in wind direction cause absolute havoc with KIAS. I was flying a Learjet 45 once (not in ASX) but using my other product and I was only travelling at 250 KIAS when the cruise speed should be 330 KIAS. I was violently pushed from 250 KIAS to about 347 KIAS which caused aircraft stress. Most annoying. You can never fly at cruise speed in "Real Weather" because of these violent unnatural occurrences within Flight Sim. I've also had problems like this in ASX. It's even worse when descending and you suddenly get pushed from side to side.I was informed by the makers of my other weather machine that this is a problem to do with Flight Sim itself although they are trying to make a fix for this problem. Maybe the guys at HI FI are taking note and can fix the problem within ASX otherwise it can really spoil things to the point where the program becomes unusable when wanting to fly at higher altitudes.

Guest Gabsau

Hi Temp,Thanks for the reply!I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from the problem - did you find any ways of resolving the problem or did you have to simply switch off ASX or weather programs? Its more than an annoyance than anything, having to restart the flight because of aircraft stresses over and over again. Maybe if I disable wind shear and wind effects in ASX might alleviate the problem.Thanks for your reply,Gab

Guest Gabsau

Ok, I've spend some time fiddling with the settings in both ASX and FSX to no avail. My problem continues to persist, my aircraft is tossed around as if it is a toy when I'm at my cruising altitude, and has forced me to disable realism settings otherwise flying will become impossible due to stresses on the aircraft.Has anyone else had any of these problems?I've heard that if I purchase FSUIPC4 for FSX that it may resolve some of these problems? Can anyone confirm that? I don't want to purchase any more software until I'm sure of its usefulness.Regards,Gabriele.

I have experienced exactly the same problem.I do not think FSUIPC will not help with this. We are using Simconnect with our ASX's now.This is a FS problem. It was a problem in FS9, and it continues to be a problem with FSX.Let's hope HiFi can find a solution (maybe intercept wild wind vals before they get pushed to the sim).In the meantime, I suggest you disable "Aircraft Damage From Stress" at least when you're at cruise altitude.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Temp

Hi there Gabsau.As I mentioned in my above post, according to the makers of my other weather engine, the problem seems to lie within Flight Sim itself and that hopefully, FS11 will address this issue. However, having said that, they (not ASX Guys), think they can produce a fix to reduce these violent outbursts of wind speeds and directions so I await there upcoming update. If it can be done then there is no reason why the guys at HiFi can't do the same for our ASX engine. Maybe it won't work, I'll have to wait and see.I do admit that I am fed-up with these constant, abrupt and often violent changes in wind direction and wind speeds at these higher altitudes when flying in "Real Weather" where my aircraft gets battered by the winds to the point where my plane suffers "Aircraft Stress" and/or "Over-speed"!resulting in an "End OF Game" scenario for want of a better phrase.Flying from the UK to Athens in Greece should take approx three hours at cruise speed in a Learjet 45. It took me almost four and a half hours to arrive because I could only travel at around 240/250 KIAS knowing that at some point the wind would push me from behind to the limit. It's madness. You cannot fly under these conditions in "Real weather". It spoils the whole thing and any realism goes right out of the window! I've said it before and I'm not afraid to say it again, no disrespect to the makers and programmers out there intended but under these conditions the weather engines really do become "Unusable" at these higher altitudes.Best Regards.

Guest Gabsau

I agree Temp, my plane would be violently thrown around whilst I climb, at cruise, and in descent - and at first it was funny, but now it's got to the point of frustration.I agree with you as well, that HiFi have produced an amazing product, but unfortunately, it is unusable in my situation - since most of my flights involve flying at a Cruise Level of 20, 000 feet or higher.I've gone back to my humble FS2004 and glad to see that the problem isn't as precarious as FSX (it is still there, but not as intense). I'll still fly FSX every now and then, but I'll be on hiatus until someone addresses the problem.Kind Regards,Gab

>I agree Temp, my plane would be violently thrown around>whilst I climb, at cruise, and in descent - and at first it>was funny, but now it's got to the point of frustration.>>I agree with you as well, that HiFi have produced an amazing>product, but unfortunately, it is unusable in my situation ->since most of my flights involve flying at a Cruise Level of>20, 000 feet or higher.>Unusable? Just disable "Aircraft Damage From Stress" and it will be 100% usable. IMO the pro's of doing that far outweigh the cons.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Temp

I shouldn't have to disable..."aircraft damage from Stress". That would make it even more unrealistic than it already is when flying at higher altitudes in "Real Weather". I just might as well go out and by myself a cheap PC game and a bag of popcorn! Best regards.