Sign in to follow this  
GHD

XGraphics uninstall problem

I'm not sure whether XGraphics installed correctly but onuninstalling I got the following errors:23:10:21 03 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XEffectsfx_cloudlightning01.fx'.23:10:22 03 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XEffectstexturefx_2.bmp'.23:10:22 03 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSceneryWorldTexture136b2su1.bmp'.23:10:22 03 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSoundprecipc1prec1.wav'.23:10:22 03 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSoundthunderc1thun1a.wav'.23:10:22 03 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTextureaptsign.bmp'.15:53:31 06 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XEffectsfx_cloudlightning01.fx'.15:53:31 06 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XEffectstexturefx_2.bmp'.15:53:31 06 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSceneryWorldTexture136b2su1.bmp'.15:53:31 06 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSoundprecipc1prec1.wav'.15:53:31 06 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSoundthunderc1thun1a.wav'.15:53:31 06 June 2007 - File Restore Error: Could not find a part of the path 'D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTextureaptsign.bmp'.I assume it is because the uninstaller omitted a "". My FSX folder is:D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator XWhat state is my system in now?George

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi GeorgeJudging by the log data, the restore of default textures was unsuccessful and the textures in FSX are the last theme you installed from X Graphics.They are copied back from your initial_backup folder which is created the first time you run X Graphics. The restore is the first process carried out by the uninstaller.Once that is complete the uninstaller then removes the following directories from your system when it is run.X Graphics installation folder (normally ":Program FilesHiFiXGraphics")X Graphics Application Data Folder (normally ":Documents and SettingsApplication DataHiFiXGraphics")X Graphics Local Application Data Folder (normally ":Documents and SettingsLocal SettingsApplication DataHiFiXGraphics")ThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Hi Carl,Yes, I understand that is what should happen but presumably the inital backup wasn't created correctly so I now have some non-standard files. How may I restore the original files?All I have in ":Documents and SettingsApplication DataHiFiXGraphics" are the ASX files.There is no HiFi folder in ":Documents and SettingsLocal SettingsApplication Data"Can I suggest that you investigate what happens when XGraphics requests the location of the FSX folder. I did point it to "D:FSX ProgramsMicrosoft Flight Simulator X". Where did it create the backup?George

Hi Carl,How may I restore the original files?Can you give me a list of the files which should have been backed up please.George