Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyPiech

Need Just a Little Help with ASX

Guest TonyPiech

I'm kinda new to FSX and saw the raves about the new HiFi bundle. Decided to purchase it and to my pleasant surprise managed to get both (ASX & X Graphics) installed and working except for one feature. For the "life-of-me" I can't seem to get the ASX screen to center on the plane in the Sim. It just stays at the initial setting location, usually the take-off airport. I can see the weather along the whole route when I expand the view, but it doesn't move when I zoom in closer with the plane location. When I click-on the box that says "Lock to FS Position" It does not stay centered on the plane location. An hour glass appears for a few seconds an disappears, no check appears in the box. I click on the buttons above that check-box that say center on the plane, it moves to the plane location but doesn't move with the plane. I'm flying in real-time weather.Suggestions will be appreciated; other than that everything looks good.

Guest TonyPiech

Tried it both ways, No Joy. I noticed when changing the settings, that the bottom three indicators would light-up; Download Idle and Synthesis Idle, but the third indicator, Depiction Output Idle never lit up. I don't know if it means anything. I also unchecked the lock to the station box in the Report screen, but nothing changed.Jim, I won't be running the sim for about a week, flying to see my kids living in the Midwest, I'll be away from my computer and virtual flying till June 15th. I'll check this board periodically from there for any news.Tony

Guest Temp

Hi Tony.It does work!What you have to do.. (well, in my case at least), is once you have set everything up in ASX, just minimize or send ASX to task bar. Now, open Flight Sim. Pressing shift+5 should show your aircraft within X Gauge at your departure. Once up in the air and flying, your aircraft will start to move but I found that it doesn't seem to move as smoothly as the GPS. Sometimes I have to close the X Gauge and re-open (Shift+5) and it updates itself. The same goes for the settings on the X Gauge. I've found that it can take a while to download the new images. Again, I've found that closing X Gauge and then re-opening helps to update any other settings you've chosen. It's not a quick and smooth process. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't see what. If you pause your Flight Sim and take a look at ASX, you should now see that there is a check mark in the box, "Lock To Aircraft". I've found that the check mark only appears after you have opened FS. Sounds weired I know and it confused me with the hour glass thing.Hope that helps.Best Regards.

Guest AGPiech

Thanks for the responses, I'm still in Iowa, will be returning home (to the Villages, FL) this coming Friday (6/15). I'm responding from my laptop on my 2nd email/Avisim account.Jim, the specs on my home computer, the one with FSX and ASX loaded are:Dell XPS Gen2 ComputerOS = WinXP Pro Service Pack 23.00 Ghz Intel Pentium 42.00 Ghz RAMVideo Card = 256 Mhz ATI Radeon 9800XT Temp, I'll try your suggestion above when I get back.Tony

Guest TonyPiech

Jim & Temp,Well I got back home and fired-up FSX & ASX and got it to work with the screen centered on the plane that also appears on the X-Gauge. What did it for me was sending the ASX setup screen to the System Tray (the green button on the upper right of the ASX setp screen)after loading my flight plan. What I did previously was just let the ASX setup screen reside on my desktop and opened-up FSX, and let FSX just overlay over the ASX setup screen. Everything works fine now, the ASX Gauge in FSX shows the weather conditions, the route and my plane which is centered and moving as the plane moves. The ASX setup screen when reopening from the System Tray as a check-mark on the center-on-plane box.Sucess!!