Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

XEngine termination during data population

Guest Dragonlick

IS there anything I can do? Or should I just wait until HiFi releases a fix for this?Rob

I've just had my first Xengine shutdown problem. I didn't think to take a screenie but it basically said Xengine has experienced a provblem and will shut down - which it did. However, the things that happened just prior to the shutdown may be of some help.System: P4 3.4/2Gddr/7600GS/512/XPPro Sp2/FSX Sp1/ASX/Xgraphics/94.20 driver running two monitors - 1280x1024 and 1680x1050 (22") - do not use Wideview nor WidefsFlight was VFR from KMCI to KABQStarted as usual, enditall to shut down processes run memstatus, TrackIR, Speedfan and ASX. All are displayed on second monitor. Load FSX, wait for ASX to complete processing. Take off start climb to altitude and proceed direct to KABQ - in windowed mode.Framerates are 19.1 locked at 20. - All is wellASX is in map view - I wanted to check the winds at altitude so I clicked the butrton to increase the selectio to 12K - immediately noticed a drop in frames to 2.5 - toggled alt-enter twice and framerates returned to 19.1. Decided to remove the display of stations on the map and add airports - clicked the station button - framerates dropped to 2.5 again - alt-enter toggle twice - frames to 19.1. Decided to decrease the visual map range so I clicked the button and...yup - frames to 2.5 - alt-enter toggle back to 19.1. Pressed Shift 5 to open the Xgauge and it started fine but just a about a minute later I got the Xengine shutdown.Just FYI, memstatus showed nothing unusual in memory or video memory usage - usually stays around 50% for both.I've had the framerate drop before when I clicked on ASX but never had the Xengine failure.Hope this helps.VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just to add to this I found something that might be relevant. Normally I open ASX when I have the start screen of FSX open or before I open FSX. This works fine. However, this evening I had FSX in a flight in windowed mode. When I attempted to open ASX I got an error relating to Net 2.0. Not sure if this is of any relevance to or not.

Guest janjoensson

Hello!This is Jan again.Well, the happiness was shortlived. It seems as the same problem relating to Net.2.0 is back. After between a few minutes or up to half an hour FSX shuts down. Notice that this doesn't happend if I don't have ASX running.Just a thought, it seems that something happends when the workload of the computer gets heavier. Don't know if that can be a clue.Also read that the same problem appears for people having the new FSX-update for ATR from Fligth1 installed. I don't have it but the problem seems also to be relating to Net. 2.0Now, what to do next?Best regards!Jan J

Guest janjoensson

Hello!Thank you for your reply!Well, I thought I already did that, but I have now done it once again in the order you described. Hope this fixes the problem.By the way, I get the same error-code as mr Rob (alias Dragonlick) if that is of any help.Now, I will try and see what will happend.Best regardsJan J

Guest Temp

Hi all.Just started up Active Sky this morning and I got this. (see attachment). I thought this was all bieng sorted?

>Hope this helps.>>Vic>Same here had my first today a flight from EHAM to EGKK Xengine error :(See error message...EventType clr20r3, P1 xengine.exe, P2 1.0.0.325, P3 465b5bd5, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333ab80, P7 15b, P8 51, P9 system.argumentoutofrange, P10 NIL.Cheers,Andr

André

Guest Temp

Jim...I'm not sure which post you might be refering to but since my post above this morning, I have used ASX again and had a good download and flight with no problems.

Guest janjoensson

Hi again!Well, I did exactly as you said, and I thought that the problem was gone, but after one flight it is now back... The problem relating to Net 2.0Any other suggestions?Best regardsJan J