Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

wind shifts

Guest abulaafia

OK guys you have to work on the wind shifts. Massive direction shifts @ 120 knots wind, from 020 to 150 and back in a few seconds. I just found myself like this in the Level-D 767 over Russia and then crashed: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/abu...ia/08153453.jpghttp://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/abu...ia/08153509.jpghttp://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/abu...ia/08155318.jpg==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

>OK guys you have to work on the wind shifts. Massive>direction shifts @ 120 knots wind, from 020 to 150 and back in>a few seconds. >>I just found myself like this in the Level-D 767 over Russia>and then crashed: >>>>>>>==Marten:Weber==>P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250>2xVIEWSONIC 19">Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.comMarten,I couldn

Ryan Kelly

This appears to be an FSX issue. I've occasionally experienced this with a stock FSX and 737 at 33000ft. You may want to experiment with the "download winds aloft" and "turbulence" tab in FSX to see if it helps.Regards,Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Guest abulaafia

what I am talking about has nothing to do with default FSX. don't confuse the issues. ASX/G is currently useless for precise aircraft like the Level-D 767. It may be a simconnect issue. I am sure Jim & team or on it and working on a solution. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

It could be fixed to a certain extent in FS9 using the wind smoothing option in FSUIPC but i dont think it works with the FSX version.Maybe they are working on a fix. Ask on the pete dowson forum. there may be an answer.I get the same problems,see post "Wind problems".Hope this gets fixed as it ruins an otherwise perfect product.Regard Richard

Guest Gabsau

Yeah, I had the exact same problem.I've heard from various people that FSUIPC, which was used in FS2004 helped stabilize these 'wind shifts' which had almost become unnoticable. Unfortunately, with SimConnect now in use, the problem makes flying Jetliners and Boeing's at high altitudes almost impossible.I remember flying a B737 and suddenly receiving a wind shift which propels me to the ground. Thank goodness I'm not the only person having this problem.I hope a solution is found, as being someone who loves flying the big rigs, it has really taken away much of my enjoyment in FSX.- Gabriele

Why has the development team yet to make any statement recognizing the wind shift issue? Regarding FSUIPC, the registered version wind subsection still says under development. If and when implemented would it still force wind smoothing in tandem with SimConnect/ASX? It would be nice if that were the case.Ryan

Ryan Kelly

>Why has the development team yet to make any statement>recognizing the wind shift issue?I cannot speak for them, but they have mentioned it in the past.>Regarding FSUIPC, the>registered version wind subsection still says under>development. If and when implemented would it still force>wind smoothing in tandem with SimConnect/ASX? It would be>nice if that were the case.>It would have to be thru SimConnect since ASX doesn't use FSUIPC. I think the wild winds can be intercepted and modified before being sent to the sim.I think it can be done...but then I am not all that familiar with SimConnect.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks Jim. I must have been under a rock during that discussion. We'll keep our fingers crossed & wish you all best sucesses. Ryan

Ryan Kelly

i,ve done considerable testing with airline flights up to FL350 over the past few days and have come to the conclusion that the wind shift problem is so severe at high altitude that this is a totally unusable product for airline flying at present.Not so bad if your into VFR GA flights which im not.This is not a compalaint about the program itself or the development team. I have purchased every verson that has been released.This wind shift problem has been here in all versions of FS since FS2002 and am surprised Microsoft havent found a way of fixing it in at least FSX,they must be aware of this problem.Is there an option to disable upperwinds in ASX,dont seem to be able to find one or maybe something in FS to disable?I know the developers are aware of this and working on it,hope they find a fix Quick.RegardsRichard

Hi Marten... I don't think I'm "confusing the issue". What I'm saying is the problem is not with ASX/G but is a problem with FSX .As I've said I get the same issue in FSX without ASX/G installed on my machine. Hifi may come up with a way to rectify the problem, but it originates in FSX.Regards,Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

>i,ve done considerable testing with airline flights up to>FL350 over the past few days and have come to the conclusion>that the wind shift problem is so severe at high altitude that>this is a totally unusable product for airline flying at>present.Have a big problem too. Just some screenshots from a flight from Hamburg to Munich right now. The upper winds in the report window are fine, but what makes FSX?? Suddenly easterly winds? Can someone explain?AS1.jpgAS2.jpgAS3.jpgAS4.jpgAS5.jpgAS6.jpgAS7.jpgAS8.jpgAS9.jpgAS10.jpgAS11.jpgAS12.jpg

Guest VOZSean

Yeah this has to be fixed... It's a complete joke Period.I got a 165kt Wind change from Tail to head after a 9 hour flight which basically ended my flying and that was in a 763..I can't take the Citation X or anything smaller.. It's just shaken out of the sky..I think this needs to be a priority.. I paid for a product I can't use because of these wind shifts..*Sigh*