Sign in to follow this  
Guest crq

Sim connect problem. Need help!

Guest Carl Hackman

When .NET 2.0 is not installed on the system when FSX or SP1 is installed, the proper managed SimConnect files may not be installed. To correct this situtation, uninstall SP1 via add/remove programs (check the box at top to show updates). Do not remove FSX, just the SP1 update. Then reinstall SP1. SimConnect should now be installed with the proper configuration.ThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Guest crq

Carl,I did it before I even considered posting message on this forum (I had read FAQ and did as it suggested).In fact, I had .NET 2.0 with two security updates and SP1 isntalled even before purchasing Active Sky X. I had previous verison of Active Sky and never experienced something like that :(At this point I don't know what to do because seems like I did everything you guys recommended me to do. Now the question is what else could it be ? May be you need more particular information, please let me know?Andrey

Guest crq

OK, I did clean re-install and everything seemes work now. The only this cross my mind now is that I didn't install FSUPIC yet. Could it be a reason why Active Sky couldn't read SimConnect on the first place?

Hello,Well, I followed your instructions and ActiveSky X and XGraphics works just fine. However, I can no longer run FSX.I get the following error when I try to run FSXCan't load simConnect.dllHow can I fix this?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Jim,I'm also having a problem that appears to involve SimConnect. As soon as I installed ASX, I started having tracking problems with TrackIR, which had previously been OK, but was now totally random (lots of jerkiness alternating with a slow drift) whenever ASX was running. I then found that TrackIR worked perfectly in FSX if ASX was not running; however, if the FSX weather was set to "User Defined", tracking again became random.I have the two copies of simconnect.dll mentioned elsewhere under this topic. If I remove the one with the earlier date as you suggested in one of your replies, ASX is OK but track IR doesn't know that FSX is running. If I remove the one with the later date, TrackIR is OK, but ASX has problems. I've tried removing and re-installing the TrackIR software (latest version), and I've also tried removing and re-installing SP1, but in both cases the problem remained exactly as before.I'd hate to have to choose between ASX and TrackIR, so I'd be grateful for any help you can offer.Thanks,Dugald

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

First of all, removing the folder and not having it installed will break some 3rd party software/hardware usage, such as the TrackIR 4.Also if you are making changes to the SimConnect.xml file, to allow ASX to function, this can then break SimConnect from functioning locally as well. This is resolved easily with applications such as FSUIPC, which when reinstalled add the local settings back into the xml file. To remedy the issue, with 3rd party hardware/software, you need to have the local settings stay defined within the .xml file.Example - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalse***************** FalseAutolocal

644096False*****************FalseIPv4global
XXXXXXX
64XXX4096False

Jim and Vince,Thanks for your replies, but I have to confess that I don't understand what you mean by local and global settings. Also, I can't find any simconnect.xml file on my PC. The only other similar problem reports that I've seen refer to networked setups with ASX and FSX on different machines, whereas I have everything on the same machine.Dugald

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Have you tried a clean install of the TrackIR software?

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Also, what are your system specs?

Jim:From the ASX documentation, it seems to me that your comments apply to networked setups. In my case, everything is running on the same PC.Vince:I have removed and re-installed the TrackIR software, but that didn't cure the problem. I've also tried removing and re-installing ASX, but the problem was still there. I get better results if I start ASX before TrackIR, but tracking is always very erratic if I start TrackIR and then ASX. I can usually get a temporary improvement (lasting anything from a few minutes to about half an hour) by shutting down TrackIR and then restarting it, but the erratic behaviour always returns eventually if ASX is running. I can even see the view drifting and jumping if I hide the reflectors from the TrackIR receiver.My system is as follows: Athlon 64 3500+ ABIT AV8 Nvidia 7600GS/512MB 2GB DDR-SDRAM Windows XP FSX on a dedicated SATA driveThanks to both,Dugald

Dugald,Have you resolved your issues?? I am sitting here with all the same problems as yourself and cannot understand why this is such a big issue. Why can't we have ASX and Track IR at the same time. I do not understand anything about local and global, etc etc.Will check back at another time -- I'm gonna go fly FS 9 --- where I dont have to worry about every tiny little security leak in Microsoft's engines,,,,geezzzVince

WAT1460.png