Sign in to follow this  
Guest crq

Sim connect problem. Need help!

Vince,I haven't found a real fix yet. I found out how to get a simconnect.xml file created, and I then modified the file as indicated above by NaturalPoint_Vince, but this didn't fix the problem. After lots of further experiments, I'm fairly sure that this behaviour is NOT directly related to ASX, but is linked to SP1 and the user-defined weather option, which ASX naturally needs in order to be able to work. The reasons for this conclusion are:1. The problem disappears if I remove the later-dated simconnect.dll file (but this file is required by ASX).2. The problem disappears if I uninstall SP1, but reappears when SP1 is re-installed (again SP1 is required by ASX).3. The erratic tracking occurs in SP1 whenever user-defined weather is used, even if ASX is not running, and it still occurs even if I uninstall ASX.I sometimes have the impression that the apparently erratic tracking is caused by head movements being "stacked in the in-tray" and then later all processed in quick succession, during which time another lot of head movements is being stored for later processing.I've found that the problem becomes much worse if I lock the frame rates at any value lower than about 30, and is noticeably better with unlocked frame rates.It's also much worse with some of the default aircraft than with others. All of the G1000 variants are very bad, the Beaver is worse, and - surprisingly - the DG808S glider just doesn't respond at all to head movements.I hope these comments can suggest a solution to someone, and I'll continue with my own experiments (praying that I won't break anything as a result). In the meantime, thanks again to Jim and NaturalPoint_Vince for their efforts.Dugald

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Any firewall /antivirus software installed?

My firewall is the XP default setup and my antivirus is AVG free edition.Vince NOT from Natural Point

WAT1460.png

ZoneAlarm (free version) and NOD32, plus the firewall in Netgear DG834G router. I usually disable ZoneAlarm when using FS9 or FSX, and just rely on the router firewall.Dugald

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Could try increasing the "Set Priority" for the TrackIR software, within the Task Manager -> Processes Tab -> Right click on the TrackIR.exe file -> Set Priority to AboveNormal....See if that helps.....

Vince,That appears to have fixed it. With TrackIR priority set to AboveNormal, I've tested all the stock aircraft with ASX running, and tracking was immediate and precise in every single case. Many thanks, you've made me a very happy simmer.Dugald

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

No issues, glad I could help out, and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.