Sign in to follow this  
Guest draky

Opening Screen Not Showing

Guest draky

I have had to re-install ASX several times to temporarily resolve an issue with the opening screen not showing, I am using Vista 32 bit.When I start ASX the first initial screen shows but then when that completes the main screen just refuses to appear. I do see the minature version of this window when I hover the pointer over the icon on my task bar and have to use this to see when the main program has completed loading. I then can not make any changes to the program or operate anything from the inital screen as the main window refuses to show up on the desktop.Any ideas or have any other users encoutered similar troubles?Oh another thing.... I have to use the task manager to close down the program. Looks like an issue with Vista and the registry settings perhaps?.Thanks - David

Guest draky

Thanks Jim..... it seems to happen on my system when I (or Vista) shuts down the computer with ASX running... there seems to be a problem with the closure of ASX under these conditions. After such an event all I can do is uninstall and reinstall to get back to seeing the opening screen.Nice to hear from you after quite some time... as you see I'm still at the FS mania.... the new version of AS is great by the way!.David

Hi... I experienced this same problem last night. ASX would start up normally, it would load the modules and minimize itself to the Task bar but the Main Menu screen never appears. If I open Task Manager it displays it there as running. I then tried "switch" to task and "bring to front" but still no joy. I eventually un/reinstalled ASX which got things running normally again. I'm using XP.Regards,Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Hi Just to join the club, and emphasize the problem.ASX keep being minimized also.I just starting on a new good computer, but it surprises me how many compability problem there are. I have OOM (Out of memory) problems with FSX also and a radar contact 4.3 missing MSCOMCT2.OCX file. Even if I download that library file its still missing. I havent been flying yet....I'm kind of hoping that Microsoft and the add-on community talk together and make some patches. There is offcourse also maybe a problem in new Vista struggling in handling this beautiful new grafhic technology.IntelR Core 2 cpu 6600 @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz2046 MB DDR3, ATI HD2900 XT, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35T-DQ6, P35, Socket-775, Harddisk: HD SATA2 500 GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT T166 16MB 7200RPVista 32 ultimate - FSX Thank you for your creations in weather simulationYours Jens Michlas

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Dear JimThankyou it works now.I installed as administrator (I have Vista) and used the AutoRunStarter.Now I experience the Active Sky. Wow the maps with radar, clouds etc are breathtaking.YoursJens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark