Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How to connect ASX from another PC?

OK... I read throgh the documentation and did everything I think I needed to do.I thought I have to start a client or something on the secondoary pc.. But I didn't see any. All I did on the secondary pc was simconect.cfg with the ip addy of my FSX box and I ran that program in sdk lib.I started the ASX and it started and brought the weather from KSEAThen I started FSX on my primary PC and the simconnect window opened I see bunch of things "requist id=10, amd request id=23" go by. BTW.. I have my cessna running in Florida.The ASX is stil showing KSEA. IT looks not they are not talking.MannyI am getting a Pop up when I start FSX. "Can't init Simconnect Error"

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

All right, I went past that "can't init simconnect error". God Dang... freaking addon vendors keep installing that FSUIPC (Thats outdated). I just downloaded the most recent one and that pop up went away.But still I it looks like they are not talking.simconnect window opened I see bunch of things "requist id=10, amd request id=23" go by. BTW.. I have my cessna running in Florida.MannyShould I run the program AI Traffic.exe to test from the server or the client?I did both. When I ran from the server it said connected , 2. But when I ran from the Client, it just exited.

Manny

Hi Jim,I set port 500 in the ini file and then I set exception for port 500 on both the machine. That did not work.I then shut down the firewall on both machines.. even that did not work.Not exactly sure.,..Hmm...MAnny

Manny

Bit of a long shot but did you copy and run simconnect.msi on your client machine?Also I too had appalling probs with simconnect which I thought I'd broken until I discovered that after a reinstall and start all over again I'd forgotten to change the protocol entry to IPv4.

Guest kdundon

Another thing to keep in mind is that Port 500 may not work for all. I had to use 8002 before I got it to work. Ken