Sign in to follow this  
Guest jmoors

Frame Rates?

Guest jmoors

When flying with ASX and ASXG my frame rates went from my normal 20-25 to 2-3. Not good for flying ... is there a "standard" set of settings I should be using with ASX?John

Guest jmoors

Hi Jim,I am going to assume that I am using befault textures with XG. Here is what I did ... I created a flight plan within FSX from KSFO to KMRY (I think that is what it was) it is Monterey CA. I got out of FSX, fired up ASX after it finished its download I load my flight plan, told it to also load XG, fired up FSX. At this point everything was looking fine. Took off from KSFO and was flying the plan. At this time I was getting around 18FPS, As I got closer to KMRY, about 38 miles out I noticed that alot of low clouds, as in the marine layer was developing ... then my frame rates just went to ####. I tried to press on and fly the approach, but with the 1-3 frame rates I missed the runway and landed next to it, but at least I got on the ground. So I then shutdown FSX, ASX, and rebooted my computer. Went directly back into the FSX without ASX, XG and flew the same flight plan again, 20-25FPS the complete trip.Hope that helps .... you help me. I try again tonight if there is something you would like me to try Jim ... Thanks for the quick response.John>Hi John,>>Something is not right here!>>Are you using the default size textures through XG?>>If you don't use ASX do your frames return to normal?>>One place to reduce is the cloud layer slider. Try 3 or 4.>>Please let us know,>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/