Sign in to follow this  

New Cessna 172 Panel Problem

Anybody try the new C172 panel yet? I installed it correctly, I think, but I keep getting a gauge error everytime I select the C172 aircraft and FS2K2 locks up. Is there a gauge problem or maybe I need to try to reinstall again?Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

I'm also getting guage errors. I didn't let it overwrite my existing guages when I installed it. I just read the readme.txt file and it says you must overwrite. Perhaps that's the problem. Not sure if I want my default guages overwritten, however.. - Kenny B

I backed up the gauge files that were overwritten, but the new gauges did not solve the gauge error problem. I set up the panel in the fsfsconv directory and then referenced it from the panel.cfg file in the C172 folder. This way I was able to go back to my default panel easily. I did notice that there was some backlighting on some of the default gauges there were overwritten. Since I backed things up I go back to my original gauges if I want. In any event I still can't get the new 172 panel to work without the gauge error. Hopefully someone else if having this problem and solved it.Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Also have the gau. error--couldn't even get back into the program without first restoring the original panel file (fortunately I saved). I did notice that in the Grimes panel config file was a gauge beginning with letters "Chuck.. which in the MS gauge list was simple "chuck_ec.gau" but in the panel config file was listed with a longer file name. So I renamed the gauge in the config file, but alack and alas, the program still hung, so I have no answer but may point to a suspect gauge. Awaiting help.

Guest Twister

Hi,I know that the panel is freeware and that we don't have to download it if we 're not interested (etc, etc...)Having said that, I think that devellopers should not upload files that haven't been thoroughly tested - this panel is a good example of the mess that can be caused by a badly tested file.Too badTwister

Guest Bjorn

I don't think you should say anything about how much thingsare tested or not. You are assuming that this one is badlytested because it does not work at your computer. There arelots of software out there that can cause trouble althoughit is tested pretty good. One of the main problem aboutthe PC world is that it is impossible to test all combinationsof operating systems, software and hardware.I have also downloaded this panel and it works excellent forme !!!Best regards Bj

Guest Twister

Hi Bjorn,Point taken ! Happy X-mas !Twister

Guest Bjorn

The same to you and everyone else in our forums :-)Best regardsBj

I believe Chuck Grimes is planning an update. If you have WIN XP as I do and have the problem, you may find it fixed by deleting from the panel.cfg file the line referring to the gauge "DF182_Alt_AIR.gau." You may want to try this or perhaps wait for Chuck to issue a correction.