To the best of my knowledge - I have read every thread about the simconnect.dll failure.I have tried every thing recommended. I am running FSX and ASX on same machine. I have uninstalled FSX SP1, uninstalled ASX , reinstalled FSX SP1, and reinstalled ASX . As soon as I load ASX, I get the simconnect failure window and of course everything else is moot.Hi Fi -- please help -- I was running AS 6.5 with no problems-- I had completely UNINSTALLED 6.5 before any installation of ASX.What am I doing wrong ???Vince

WAT1460.png

I have 2 C:|WINDOWS|WinSxS|x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9 June 15, 2007C:|WINDOWS|WinSxS|x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulatir.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a June 15, 2007Vince

WAT1460.png

Jim,I have done as requested and have the same error.I then ran a repair install on FSX -- it put the same folder back into win sxs and I tried again--- same error. I cannot get ASX installed properly on my PC . This is very frustrating to think I may have to live with Microsoft's weather - OMG :-fume

WAT1460.png

Jim,I have completely UNINSTALLED everything. I reinstalled FSX then installed FSX SP1. I then installed ASX with same failure. I then removed the folder described above, uninstalled SP1, reinstalled SP1, reinstalled ASX and still have the failure.Vince

WAT1460.png

After the initial error, I realized I had NOT installed .NET 2.0 on my new system. I then installed .NET 2.0, then reinstalled FSX SP1, then reinstalled ASX.My anti virus is AVG (free edition). Everything is on a clean XP Pro installation on new system last week. I installed FSX to a separate 250 GB Seagate HD (E Drive). My system is running on an 80 GB Western Digital (C Drive)I am running a Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz) with 2 GB of Corsair ram and an 8800 GTS card with 640MB ram.Vince

WAT1460.png

Guest gordonrd45

I have the very same problem. Tried most of the same maneuvers -- no luck.R

Guest Rycon

Add me to the list. Two things I found while researching this bug:1) The two versions of simconnect.dll are for the two versions of FSX - original and SP1. Neither dll should be deleted. A program may need the original version. If it is not there, it won't work.2) Someone suggested that firewalls will interfere with simconnect. Well, I deactivated my virus scan, my Windows Firewall and the firewall in my broadband router, and I still get this error. I am not thrilled about spending $45 for this software and not being able to use it. I hope the fix comes quick. --Rycon

Guest gordonrd45

Good info --thanks. I also tried turning off all firewalls -- same result.

Guest Rycon

Got a reply from tech support today. This is what they suggested and it worked for me. 1) Uninstall FSX SP12) Uninstall .NET 2.03) Install .NET 2.04) Install FSX SP1From what I read in other messages, it isn't just enough to have .NET 2.0 on your computer, it must be installed before running FSX SP1.

Guest Kanuck

>Got a reply from tech support today. This is what they>suggested and it worked for me. >>1) Uninstall FSX SP1>2) Uninstall .NET 2.0>3) Install .NET 2.0>4) Install FSX SP1>>From what I read in other messages, it isn't just enough to>have .NET 2.0 on your computer, it must be installed before>running FSX SP1. >I had the same problem, and your fix was perfect to get ASX up and running... many thanx!!KeithCalgary, AB