Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Networked ASX crashes FSX when exited

Hi Jim,I have two entries in simconnect.xml - one local and one global. There is a port entry in the global part. I assume one isn't needed for the local part.One question. Should I have a simconnect.cfg on the PC running ASX and if so where should it reside? I currently don't have one so I'm wondering how ASX knows which PC to communicate with. From my sig you can see I have three machines.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

PROBLEM RESOLVED!!!!For some reason I'd deleted simconnect.cfg in MyDocuments on the client PC.Once I created a new one with the required settings ASX was able to 'see' FSX.Jim, it might be worth reviewing this when ASX starts. If it can't find the file that is needed for ASX to communicate with FSX then perhaps a message needs outputting in the log?I'll see if I can get FSX to unfreeze now when I exit ASX.Thanks to everyone for their help - much appreciated.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Randy,I can confirm that FSX unfreezes after a minute or two when I close ASX on a client machine.Maybe this is something Jim and the team can look at. It does seem easily reproducable.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Etienne,Now that I've got ASX/FSX talking again I've tried disabling and enabling Wake Turbulence but it didn't cause any problems in FSX.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,Glad you are up and running again!The freeze and unfreeze cycle is normal, if you close ASX down first. The popup window explains the reason(clearing of stations) and give the user an option to not close ASX first.The prefered method is FSX first then ASX at closing.Thanks!!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Hi Jim,You've mentioned this popup box a few times now but I've never seen it. Does it only show when ASX is running on the same PC as FSX?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,GO outside and get off the computer!!!From your report I guess it does. I don't know why though. FYI, in our SP1 we have worked to simplify this whole network process. This SimConnect stuff is new for everyone and it is driving some of us crazy. Pretty soon some are going to wish that SimConnect was never there and just to use FSUIPC for ease of use and set up.Thanks!!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

:-lol Outside? In this weather? It's 16C and windy.I'm watching the Men's semi-final at Wimbledon on TV with the laptop on my lap :-) Very handy.I appreciate SimConnect is new and has been a big learning curve for you. But you guys are good and I fully expect you to be on top of things very soon :-)TTFN,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest ziporama

Thanks Ray... Jim, why go outside when we have perfect weather modelled inside? :)