Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grahame Myers

Can't install ASX!

Guest Grahame Myers

Hi GuysAfter trying a roll-over of SP1 over the original install,and not being totally happy with the performance, I decided to start over with a vanilla install. So far, so good: FSX and all the rest de-installed, new install, SP1, and then FSUIPC. All went without a hitch. However, when I attempted to install ASX (the bundle with AS Graphics), I got an error when attempting to open the auto-run starter : "auto run starter has encountered a problem, and must be closed", or whatever it's called in english (I have the german version of XPPro SP2, with an english version of FSX Deluxe btw)When I attempt to run the manual installers for both programmes, I get the following error: " XGaugeWizard has encountered a problem, and must be closed", and then "Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A Program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor :-)Any ideas? It worked perfectly the first time, could it've become corrupted somehow? I even tried re-unzipping the package, and unzipping it to a whole new HDD, in case the original Drive has some sort of problem, all without success. Hmm....BestGrahame

Guest Grahame Myers

Anybody there? I have to go to bed soon, I'd hoped to've got some kind of reply this evening, but never matter..tomorrow's another dayBestGrahame

Guest Grahame Myers

JimYes, I still have NET2.0 installed. Where do I re-download the zip file that I got originally?BestGrahame

Guest Grahame Myers

JimAddendum to my last post: Your idea with NET 2.0 hit the nail on the head! I repared the installation as a last resort, and it works :-) Thanks for the good support! Actually, I kinda wondered about the whole thing, I've never had any hassles at all with AS in all the years I've been using it, so it was strange to be having these problems all of a sudden.Thanks again BestGrahame