Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simicro

Special thanks to Peter Dowson

Guest ozhero

There are many people who add tremendous value to this great hobby (obsession :-) ) of ours and right up there amongst the best of them IMHO is Peter Dowson.Thanks Peter for pushing the boundries of FS2002 through FSUIPC and the many other excellent utilities you have written.For something for which you don't charge, it's value in FlightSim terms is priceless!

Guest Jack

Peter, My sentiments, exactly!A Very Merry Christmas to you and yours, along with our most sincere "Thank You".JackD

Agreed!What would we do without Pete D.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest Simicro

without FSUIPC, so many add-ons would not exist !thanks pete

Yes, thankyou! FSUIPC has evolved to cope with everything that MS and other developers have thrown at it. Calmly and quietly without fanfare and without the adulation that accompanies the next 'must-have' plane. An unsung hero of Flight Sim!

Indeed!Without Peter's contributions, none of the external add-ons you see out there would be possible. He has certainly pushed the boundaries and continues to do so all the time, as well as setting an excellent example for other developers to follow..... Thanks Peter!!!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...][/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest CapnCol

Could n't agree with you more. Well done Peter and thanks very much, it must take up so much of your personal time do you ever get to fly?All the best mate and a very merry Christmas. Colin

Guest etanin

I think back to what life was like without Fsuipc. WOW that seems like a long time ago, have I been at this that long :) I wish all the best to Peter!

I remember when I first downloaded FSUIPC and could not yet figure out what I needed it for. I think the first thing I used it for was Taxi wind corrections so I could do crosswind touch and go's and not blow off the side of the runway on deck. Once I got that figured out I have slowly added more stuff until I cannot imagine flying without it. When FS2004 comes out most of my whole cockpit will be unusable until FSUIPC gets released for the new version. Thank You Pete for adding so much, to so many, for so little in return. You are definately an FS Hero in my book.Ken

I have been here many times and consider myself privileged to know Pete.Blowhole, your last two sentences sum it up so well.Pete, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.And thanks beyond words for your contribution to our obsession.

"When FS2002 comes out most of my whole cockpit will be unusable until FSUIPC gets released for the new version "The best definition for the FSUIPC importance. For the Gentleman that quietly allow all of us enjoy the best addons and minimize FS problems.Thank you Pete and a Merry ChristmasJos

Peter didn't recieve our Life Time Achievement award for being a couch potatoe. Or was that potato.. :)

Guest freequest

I quite agree with you there... A harty thank you to Peter Dawson my fight simming would be so boring without FSUIPC :)

A tip o' the cap to a real gent...For one who exemplifies the best spirit in our community.Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1