Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shaunus82

Sound is badly distorted after Installing ASX and XG

Guest Shaunus82

I have just purchased,downloaded and Installed ASX and XGraphics.I had no installation problems or errors,everything seems to be working fine with both packages.When I loaded FS,my sound was badly distorted.I had to turn the volume down low has it was making a very irritating sound.I tried loading other aircraft,but had the same problem.Ive checked all my sound settings and everything seems to be ok.I have a creative X-FI Xtreme Audio Fatality card with up to date sound drivers,also have sp1 update installed.Other commercial software includes all 3 volumes of VFR Genx Scenery,Ultimate Traffic,and the new FSX version of flight 1's ATR-72.I'am aware that there is an issue with ASX and the ATR and a temporary patch is available,which I have not yet installed.But I doubt that this is the problem.The sound on FS was fine yesterday and I have made no adjustments to any settings.I have checked the sound on other applications on my computer and everything is working and sounding good.The problem with the distorted sound persist,even when ASX and XG are off.Please,Please,Please, I need helpShaun

Guest Shaunus82

I found out that my son had been playing with the sound settings on my computer and I ended up having to do a system restore to correct the problem,so I dont think the sound problem was related to ASX.The only problem is,I've re-installed ASX/XGraphics,but when I load ASX,it now will no longer connect to the server,so I cannot download any weather or do anything else with ASX.Have tried uninstalling/Re-installing but it still does the same thing.I just do not know what to do next.I'am desperate to get ASX working.Shaun

Hello,After installing FSX SP1 I had to reinstall my sound card driver....

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest Shaunus82

I have checked and my Firewall/Anti-virus is not blocking ASX/XG.It just will not connect,it keeps trying to change the server,but nothing is loading.Do these programs make any changes to the FSX.cfg.If they do maybe something has got corrupted or something.ASX came up with an error,after installation,but I can't remember what it was,but it happened right at the end of the installation,after trying to install XGauge,it could not locate FSX,because I have it installed on a different drive to the C: drive.So I had to navigate to the location of FSX,to set the path and after doing so,it then installed XGauge into my Aircraft.any help please.I really have checked everything.Shaun

Guest Shaunus82

My sound is actually ok now.I had to go back to a restore point to correct the problem.But in doing that,I had to re-install,ASX/XG and something has gone wrong with the installation of ASX and,will no longer connect to the server.Shaun

Guest Shaunus82

Oops, I spoke too soon.I have now got a serious problem with my sound.The sound now is affecting all my games not just FS.I have tried unistalling/re-installing my sound drivers,but to no avail.And I still have the problem,that my ASX will no longer connect to the server.I have tried playing around with the sound settings,but I just cannot get it to sound right,everything is muffled especially the in cockpit sound and if I turn the volume up too high it starts making a horrible crackling sound.I'm begining to think that I might have to uninstall/re-install FSX,but that will take a long time and will also involve uninstalling/re-installing,UT and F1 ATR and of course all 3 volumes of GenX,not to mention all the addons I have installed and sp1.I just dont know what to do now. any suggestions ? Shaun

Guest Shaunus82

I have now solved the sound problem.Very simple.One of the plugs was plugged in the wrong connector.I have restricted access to the wires in the back of my computer and the other day I accidentally pulled out the wires of my sound card, then had to plug them back in,but put one of them in the wrong place.That will teach me not to check properly.Now all I have to do is try to correct the problem with ASX.Shaun

Guest Shaunus82

I have uninstalled/re-installed ASX/XG now several times and ASX still will not connect to server.I have also tried going back to several restore points,but still the same problem.Some setting somewhere has been changed on my computer which is stopping ASX from connecting,but I dont know what it is.Please help.I have paid good money for this program which I cannot even use.Ther must be something that can be done.The last thing I want to have to do is to reformat my computer.This would be a nightmare and would take me probably over a week to do this and get everything reinstalled.Shaun

Guest Shaunus82

Ok Ive now solved the problem.it was the firewall.Ive reset the defaults and re-allowed ASX and it has now connected .Thank god for that.Someone on the Horizon Forum reminded me to re check the Firewall settings.Great now I can finally enjoy this Fantstic addon for FSXShaun