Sign in to follow this  
Guest CD4000

X gauge not connecting to remote PC

Guest CD4000

No posts found on this problem...I have Active Sky X working well on a networked PC, but X Gauge does not seem to connect to it. The weather in FSX is updating properly so I know FSX and Active Sky are talking to each other across the network.When I run Active Sky on the local PC, X Gauge updates properly and all is well. It is only the remote PC that is the problem.Any suggestions, please? I use port 500 across the network.Thanks.

Guest CD4000

Thanks for the response.Yes, the power light comes on and the "Image Downloading' message appears, but nothing actually changes.Firewalls do allow access between the nodes.

Jim,unfortunately I still have same problem, To improve FSX FPS I installed ASX on second PC everything looks fantastic but XGauge does not update from my networked client. It keeps on showing last image from local ASX I used the fly before...I tried to install Xgauge from client as per manual but it never asks me about any shared folder to point to.It simply tells me that FSX is not found on client PC and the wizard asks me to stop installation.Any clue?Thanks NickPS: force processing option is selected

Jim, when I run it from the server a black window pops up writing:"Connected to Flight Simulator!Received:2"That's all it saysNick

Jim, The target directory mentioned on Network Configuration for AI program is only on server, I do not have it on client.Do you mean I have to copy AI Program to the client and run it from there?Please note that when I start ASX on client, it looks ok and on FSX (server) all the deciption messages from ASX scroll ok on top window. Weather is generated from ASX (I assume!!!) and also on map I can see my plane in its proper position.I might be wrong but if it was a bad network coinfiguration I think ASX and FSX could not communicate at all? To me just Xgauge does not update.Sorry for bothering you soo much...Nick

Jim,I run AI traffic from client and the black window came up sayng:"Connected to Flight Simulator! Received:2"Nick

Jim,thanks for your help, I reinstalled ASX and now everything is ok!!!Xgauge too!!!Thanks a lot once again mate!!Nick