Sign in to follow this  

Can never guess correct runways...

I plan a flight, 3-4 hrs or maybe more, check the winds in activesky 6 for FS9, write them down and figure out what runways would be open... start the game, let everything load, advance time to make sure the correct runways are open, and by the time I get to my destination, the winds are in the complete opposite direction! The opposite runway is now open! This is soooo annoying. I am not sure what I am doing wrong? I have default settings and settings given by users here but still can't figure out why the metar data pulled seems to always change so drastically.thanks for any help

I loaded a flight plan yesterday, LLBG to LOWW, winds were something like 270 at 5 at LOWW about 2am according to the METAR. When I arrived in the area, the winds were now at 100 or so, and they had me landing on runway 11 when I planned for runway 29. Im not sure whether it is specific airports, but it does seem to happen more during the night since I fly around europe during my local time late afternoon which is night over there. I do have auto refresh on, but I usually advance the time a few minutes after the weather loads just to make sure the correct runways are open. I tried unchecking update weather on the ground as well as settings like no wx changes for 100 miles to no avail. Maybe the problem is, the METAR it is pulling is very outdated, and by the time I get near the station, it refreshes with the latest which has winds at other directions some of the time?