Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

ASX + FS Flight Keeper = No metar data

Hi guys,I am attempting to use the current version of FS Flight Keeper v2.8 by Thomas Molitor with ASX. FSFK is designed for and works with all the earlier versions of AS, including AS6.5.I have redirected the ASv6 folder location within FSFK to now point to the ASX metar folder Docs & Settingsuser_nameAppdataHiFiASXWeather folder. FSFK accepts the new setting but doesn't seem to parse any data; but it doesn't error-out either.Assuming it is reading the current_wx_snapshot.txt file in this folder, just like in ASv6, has anything changed, data or stucture wise, within the ASX version of this file that might prevent FSFK from parsing the data correctly? On the surface, the ~snapshot.txt file appears to be identical to its ASv6 predecesor when compared side by side.Without stopping, I can switch FSFK's metar-location back to ASV6 (still installed) and the original ~programs filesFiFiASv6modulesASV6 folder, and then it pulls the metar data just as it always has.Can you think of anything different in this regard b/w ASv6 and ASX? My thinking is, FSFK didn't change, and ASX did, so I should start here first. I thought that maybe FSFK doesn't like the longer path to the newer ASX folder containing ~snapshot.txt file. So, I manually copied the this ASX version of the snapshot file over to the original ASv6 directory (overwriting the ASv6 version) but it still wouldn't parse. There is something about the ASX version of this file that FSFK doesn't seem to like.FWIW, I use FSBuild2 and it does appear to parse the winds-aloft data from ASX's newer weather folder location assuming it's reading the same ~snapshot.txt file for this data as well.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

You mean you got FSFK 2.8 with a FP to read the ASX weather for that FP? How did you do that? Am I correct in that it's looking for the snaphots file for the metar data? I farted around with it for 3 hours yesterday during a transcontential flight. Hmmm, I wonder if this has anything to do with it being on the simmconnect(wide)-client and the trouble I had with the initial ASX installation. Nothing else seems broke though. In fact, FSBiuld2 is pulling winds-aloft from ASX.BTW, I got the FSFK ACARS gauge working in FSX along with its instllation tool. Read about it here in the FSFK forums: http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/Forum/viewto...&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Yea, I figured that out yesterday when I had to point FSFK to my FS9 plans folder to get it to load a plan. Luckily, FSBuild2 exports both fS9 & FSX plans. I'm in the middle of re-installing ASX and XGraphics on my wide-client to see if it makes a difference. Will advise.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hmmm, Jim; I still can't get FSFK to parse any weather from ASX even after a fresh install of FSFK, ASX, and XGraphics. In the FSFK options - Weather tab, I have the Weather-Mode box set to "Active Sky 6" and the ActiveSky Version 6 Installation Folder box set to "C:Documents and SettingsjordanaApplication DataHiFiXEngineASXWeather". Both FSFK and ASX/XGraphics are on a simmconnect-(wide-)client machine which I wouldn't think should make a difference. FSFK acts like it is reading the snapshot file in that all the waypoints are processed at the bottom of the FSFK Window but the Weather report window comes up with all the waypoints but "NA" in WDIR, WSPD, and Temp columns. Do you see anything wrong with these settings? Are they what you have while you can successfully parse metar-data into FSFK? Thanks...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks for double-checking Jim. You know how misery loves company. But I do have some good news. I posted this and several other questions over in the FSFK forum. Thomas indicates that I should just give it up. But, he's releasing the v3 beta to all FSFK-users in a few weeks. He further indicates that it has the ASX-fix in it. :)Read the thread here: http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=615BTW, can you or Damien post a new update thread about your progress towards a winds-aloft fix for ASX at your earliest convenience? Maybe something simple as to the status of SP1 and where you're at with it? Thanks again for double-checking FSFK for me.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE