Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

SimConnect (SP1 version) was not able to be loaded??

I reinstalled ActiveSkyX on a different Boot/Partition and now when I start ActiveSky X on the Client I have the above warning. It also says that "ASX will continue to operate but will not update FSX weather. See the documentation for more information about SimConnect. I followed the install procedure as usual. What's wrong?BTW, .NET FRAMEWORK was not installed on that partition prior to ASX install. Now .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 is installed with ASX.Please help.Thanks.

Thanks Jim, but pls note, my install of ASX is on the CLIENT. There's no SP1 to remove. Pls advise.Thanks.

Jim, I had to completely roll back (to previous image of the partition) then installed .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 AND 2.0 then ASX. Only this way I fixed it. I wish Active Sky X instead of trying to install .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 by itself just cancelled installation routine and requested to install .NET 2.0 prior to ASX. You wouldn't see so many posts about the same thing. My case was a little different though, since it happened on the Client PC. Clean reinstall of .NET 2.0 THEN ASX fixed it. No need was to reinstall SP1 on the main PC, of course. :)Thanks.

When muddling with files tryig to cure the above problem I happened to open and check SimConnect.xml file on my main FSX PC. It looks like this now:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

645004096FalseFalseAutolocalI'm a little worried about the last appendix. Where could it come from I wonder? Can someone check your SimConnect.xml files please and advise if you have the same?Thanks.