Sign in to follow this  
Guest KemoF15

About to reinstall FSX/SP1 and upgrade to ASX

Guest KemoF15

GentsI ram-dumped FSX (w/SP1) a month ago--In my mind X couldn't (can't) compete with 9 with all FS9's enhancements and the ability to run online (squawkbox)--not to mention maintaining 30-40FPS with the meanest AS6.5 weather loaded at a major hub in a complex jet.By comparison anytime I loaded AS weather into FSX with sliders mid-range and just about every freakin tweak out there, I'd get marginal/choppy performance on what is a relatively high end system.What has changed with ASX? I really do want to run FSX again--with ASX--but not as a slow/low VFR only kind of thing. Knowing there is no "silver-bullet" way to tune each system out there, if anyone has some good pointers on how to maximize FSX with ASX I'd appreciate it.ThanksKemoF15AMD FX-62-dual coreNvidia GX2 7950 (1GB vid) overclocked 4GB Corsair ultra low latency DDR RAMRaptor 10000 rpm HDDell 24" wideWinXP Home

Hi,FWIW, I posted some of my tweaks that really helped while I recently dropped back from Vista-U to WinXP. I have been very pleased with FSXsp1 + ASX + numerous other addon's all working well together now. I posted these in the first reply in this thread: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=27027As one of Jim's stickies at the top of this forum suggests, and is reitterated in my tips, make sure you delete the default nvidia FSX game profile from within the driver using nHancer. Then recreate it and turn AA off in the game as well. I beleive this helps more than just the 8800 series card owners although older cards may need to use "combined 4xs" instead of the recommended 8xs. Also, the later 162+ beta drivers from Nvidia's website seem to be helping a good bit as well. Good luck.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest KemoF15

Prompt as usual Jim--your ASV6 "cheat sheet" early last year was primo--have you got one laid out for FSX/ASX besides above?As I recall my AS settings in FSX were similar to above except I think my layers were set to 5 and autogen was midrange w/light bloom off...cloud draw was actually 49.ThanksKemoF15