Sign in to follow this  
Guest GW Norris

Network configuration question ASX

Guest GW Norris

Hello SupportHave searched the forum and read the ASX documents on network configuration and still have a question before I purchase ASXhave been a long time Activsky user since WXre and currently have version 6 for fs9 on a widefs setup.I have FSX SP1 and SDK with SP1a on the server. I read in one of the forums ( can't remember which one ) that you have to have the SDK installed on both server and client. the simconnect read me files don't say that and neither does the ASX docs. Or is it that you just have to have the simconnect files installed on the client only ?Also the test procedure described in the ASX docs concerning the AI Traffic.exe example program that is now on the server in the described location, Is the test run from the server or do I have to copy that program over to the client before I run it to test the simconnect installation?Any help would be greatly appreciatedThank YouGary W. Norris

Guest GW Norris

One more question.Searched the forum again hoping for an answer, all I got now is another question, another poster had a problem getting ASX to load simconnect and he said that he had installed simconnect on the client before installing ASX, so he uninstalled/reinstalled simconnect from the client, then everything was OK. He did not get a response from support saying that indeed ASX should be installed on the client first, before installing simconnect on the client.Also I noticed that in the ASX documentation it says to set the Scope to Global in the simconnect.xml file and in one response from Carl to the same poster as above, he said to set it to Local. what is the correct setting?I try to find out answers in the forum before posting here, so bear with me on this.Thank you for any responseGary W. Norris

Guest GW Norris

Hi JimThanks for the response. Let me run this buy you and make sure I got it right.The Simconnect.msi file is the installer for simconnect, If I run it on the client it will install all the simconnect files including the AI Traffic.exe file.got the global,local understood - Thanks for the explanation.you didn't say whether I should install ASX and X grafics on the client before I run the simconnect.msi file.Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before I install anything so I won't have to return to the forum for help with something that could have been avoided during the install process.I have .net framework 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 on both the server and client already so that won't be an issue and have all the latest versions of FSX and the SDK. One of my original questions was do I have to have the entire SDK on the client machine also or just run the simconnect.msi file on the client and that's it.I know this is long winded but your help is really appreciatedThanks