Sign in to follow this  

Lago Ultralights?

Has anyone bought & flown the new Lago Ultralights package yet?I love some of the freeware ultralights I've got, and this is the first payware package that I've seriously thought of buying. I know Lago have a good reputation here.Does anyone have a ten-second review?Brian.

I've been involved in betatesting the ultralights and liked them a lot.If you like the wind in your hairs, spray on your face (and the pants of your trousers) and flying with nothing but the ground and birds for reference than this is for you.Forget about flight computers, fuel management systems, ATC clearance. Strap on your flyer and away you go.

Yes!They are great. I don't remember the last time I had this much fun, for $15! They look great and the animations are excellent! Another great product by Lago!Pete S

Guest metamarty

Yes, yes, yes, I bought it! :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy It's cold and windy and slow and light :-kewl And it makes yous fly and see stuff!! :D They are just mega cool, you have to have them!No go out and buy it! :-outta Marty.

I beta test them about a month ago. Some of them were sweet then. Haven't got the new revised versions.I like the mx the best because I used to fly the real one.

>Yes! >They are great. I don't remember the last time I had this >much fun, for $15! They look great and the animations are >excellent! >Another great product by Lago! >>Pete S Thanks! You're not alone. We really hoped that by setting such a low price they would sell good and they certainly are. I noticed the load on our two FTP servers was rather intense but still just under max capacity.Got loads of nice comments on the 'jump module' that let's you jump of cliffs etc. Have you tried that one yet?Mathijs KokLAGO

I looked at the screenshots, and the exteriors look very good. But I don't remember any mention of GMAX, nor did I see shots of virtual cockpits or internal wing, pod (in the case of the Cosmos) views etc... All are certainly a must with Ultralights. Would it be possible to post a few such shots in the screenshots forum? $15 for this many aircraft seems too good a deal to pass up!-John

Guest metamarty

All are GMAX aircraft and come with full virtual "cockpit", including moving parts. You can look around and see a parachute above you or an engine behind you , etc...

>Got loads of nice comments on the 'jump module' that let's you jump of cliffs etc. Have you tried that one yet?Oh yeah, really nice piece of programming, makes flying the parasails even more fun!Pete S

Another nice little feature is being able to see through the wing cloth when looking from spot view above the craft.The translucent cloth is a really nice detail! The more I fly them ,the more impressed I become. Thanks Lago.Pete S

Thanks.... Sounds like it's one of those "no brainer" buy decisions... Can't wait to see some screenshots over the next few days. How big is the DL package?-John

Well, I bought them,and they're cool! You get ten different aircraft, several with multiple paint schemes.The "Jump" module is entertaining - slew up to the top of a nearby cliff (or big building) and fling yourself off with the hanglider or one of the paragliders. I haven't had an FS hanglider since FS5.1...They're all GMAX, with virtual cockpits and animation. The hanglider pilot tucks his legs in and lies flat when you 'raise the gear'! Total download size is 21.2Mb zipped, and cost is 15euro.There is one minor error (with the hanglider's panel.cfg) but a fix for that has already been posted to the Lago Forum.Off to try the ultralights now - there's even a pair with floats.Brian.