Sign in to follow this  

Hello Everyone,I need to gather some information:For those experiencing sudden, violent wind shifts, please disable the Virtual Station option and the Enhanced Route Coverage option in ASX. Then make sure you save your settings and restart FSX and ASX.Then make your high altitude flights as normal, but watch the winds readout in FSX and see if this changes anything for the better.Please post just your findings here! I DO NOT want to turn this thread into a support thread!! There is plenty of space below this post for that!Thanks Everyone,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest sanal

I made the changes as you suggested.During the climb to FL320 I experienced some shift, I rechecked the changes in ASX and again applied the changes and an addition I saved the changes to 767-300 FSX configuration manager, no longer I did experience any dramatic wind shift during KEWR-CYYZ flight.Sanal

Guest babewatcher

Hi JimI made the changes you suggested and have made 2 long flights so far at 35000 ft. I watched the wind vectors closely while I made the climb and noticed the wind changes were for the most part gradual and what I would expect. Upon reaching cruise altitude the winds were constant and represented what had been outlined in the weather briefing report. There were no sudden 180 degree wind shifts. The upper winds were in the 10 to 30 knot range on these flights and I would like to test this out in 100 knot winds to see if my experience so far remains constant. So far I have found the winds much improved and a lot more consistant without the wild compass merry-go-round I have seen before.best regardsDon

Hello,NO sudden and violent wind shifts with the recommended setting changes.Hope it helps

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest KaelO

Hello,I'm still suffering violent wind shifts with these two settings disabled. Strange thing is that its happening within 10nm of a major airport (YMML). I'm getting numerous and violent windshifts every second or so. Is there any other fixes for this?Kael

>Are the changes instant or does the winds display count up or>down?These 180 degree changes are instant. From one second to the other.Should there be a difference if I put a flightplan into ASX or not?

Guest chpuig

Hello Jim,I made the changes as you said. I did a flight between Kden and Klax at FL350. During the first part of the fly I had only few wind shifts at about 45

Guest KaelO

>To Our Last Two Posters,>>Are the changes instant or does the winds display count up or>down?>>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/G'day Jim, Appreciate you looking into this. The changes are instant for me. Changing at exactly precise intervals (about 1-1 1/2 seconds) of about 180 degrees. The wind strength in both direcitons remains the same. Ie: 17015KT - 35035KT - 17015KT - 35035KT - 17015KT - 35035KT - 17015KT - 35035KT - 17015KT - 35035KT.I've done as requested and disabled both the above mention check boxes, this didn't seem to fix anything. Like I said, it happened to me yesterday on climbout from YMML (only about 10nm from the field)Cheers,Kael

Guest abulaafia

problem persists with the suggested settings. I find it is worst when reaching Australia from the West (e.g.WSSS-YSSY,YMML etc.) and over Russia (eg.ZBAA-EGLL), wherever there are fewer stations. Almost no problem over US/Canadian airspace.

Guest sanal

Tonight I experienced the sudden wind shifts and over speed .There was heavy stress on the plane. I was flying KEWR-KERI.Sanal