Sign in to follow this  

Today another flight from EDDM to LFPG. Heavy wind shifts only in climb phase. Enroute more or less ok. I miss the FSUIPC smoothend wind.But at destination ASX shows 270/7 (sounds good) but in FS the wind was 015/11?????

Hello,I accomplished two flights with the settings recommended above.LOWL to EDMA, no improvement here, still severe erratic wind shifts.KGCN to KLAS, much smoother, but still with some arguable changes in wind direction.Best regardsG. Kollmann

Guest abulaafia

After a few more flights I find that the new settings do work. Even though wild shifts still occur, they seem to be less frequent and haven't made my Level-D drop from the sky. You must be on the right track :)Good Luck!==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Need AI? Get AI: www.world-of-ai.com

Guest babewatcher

JimI must reiterate Marten Weber last post. Since making the changes you suggested I have flown over 20 hrs at high altitudes and have found a significant improvement with the upper winds staying constant and true at cruise altitudes. I do believe you are on the right track also. I always start a flight by starting active sky first and loading a flight plan and loading weather related textures automaticly. I then started FSX load the flight plan and aircraft and start my flight. For those who are still experiencing winds that are fluctuating all over the place even after making the changes suggested I suggest following this start up procedure to see if there is an improvment. I have found that sometimes simconnect is a strange animal and starting saved flights and changing aircraft after loading weather will result in winds no longer being properly depicted in the sim.Don

>That is correct.Make sure you exit everything and restart.You can't just disable the two checkboxes, hit apply, and go. FSX must be exited and restarted and so must ASX.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest sanal

Tonight flight was KEWR-KGRZ. This was the worst flight and wind sudden changes shift between 90/ 180 reverse was so bad, I lost suddenly 6000FT. No improvementsSanal

I changed the settings as directed and had better performance but wind shifts still occurred occasionally and especially when about 200nm out from my destination (KATL). Numerous shift of between 90 and 180 degrees occurred throughout the descent and even on final when about 7nm from the threshold. It is better but this did not correct the problem entirely.Hope this helps in your investigation.DougDell XPS 720H2C (3.73GHz) | 2GB DDR2 @ 1066 | 300GB RAID0, 10k RPM (C: ) | 500GB RAID1 (D: ) | 2 x 768MB nVidia 8800GTX (FW 158.45b) | SB X-Fi Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | Vista Ultimate 32 | DirectX 10.0

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I am having the same experience as Doug, above...It is better with the two checkboxes unchecked, but STILL there are sudden wind shifts at altitude.I know that with all of this information, and brains working on this problem, it can be solved.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Made a 1000nm flight. There were no 180 degree windshifts on cruise level. A sudden change from eg 270/90 to 230/80 is not a big problem. A smooth change would be nicer.But I really have a problem after departure and especially on the ILS.There are sudden wind shifts from one side to the other. It is really difficult to stay established.

Guest flyer116

Hello:I am new to this form and recently purchased active sky X. I had experienced rapid wind shifts also. I made the suggested changes which helped at least for a while. Now it seems that during the approach after a couple of hours the rapid and frequent winds shifts begin again. For your infoRegards,Ron

I still get bad wind shifts with the settings suggested. I have always had these and believed it to be a generic FSX issue. It seems to be less of an issue when I had deselected the Jepp weather updates over time (before I moved to ASX). When I installed ASX I tought it would solve my problems but yesterday at FL310 over the channel at 0.8M I suddenly got a 100Kt overspeed and crashed (as I have done before with FSX BTW)

Hello All,Thanks very much for the detailed feedback. Based on these reports and further investigation we have made some improvements, however have not been able to completely eliminate wind shifts in all circumstances. Such improvements are available in SP1 being released now.We are confident with further research and workaround attempts in what so far appears to be a FSX-based problem made further problematic with SimConnect interfacing, we will improve things further in the near future. In addition, FSX has at least one more update pending (DX10 update) that we hope can either eliminate or reduce the problem.Thanks again!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies