Sign in to follow this  
Guest ericmay

simconnect

Guest ericmay

Hello, I am newly installing ASX and am getting a simconnect not found message. I read your post about deleting SKD(SP1) and then re-installing it, but that did not seem to solve the problem. Also I tried to install .NET 2.0 but my system said it was already on board (Vista). Interestingly, when looking through add/remove programs, it says I have .NET 1.1. I don't know if that makes any difference. Any thoughts?em

I'm not sure about the simmconnect issue other than in my case (on a remote PC) I have to install the Simmconnect client. Did you follow the instructions in the ASX manual?As for .Net-2, yes it is a core part of the Vista operating system and will not be listed in add/remove programs. You will however see .Net 1.1, and .Net 3.0 if so installed.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi em,Sorry for the problem. Don't confuse the SDK with SP1. You don't need the SDK for a single computer install, just the basic SP1 for FSX. That is what you should uninstall and reinstall to get ASX and FSX to communicate.Please let us know,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest ericmay

hello, i have initially installed SP1 (thank you for clarifying me, I was accidentally using SDK) and then go to uninstall it, but there is no SP1 in Add/remove programs. It says it was installed corrently for FSX when i intially install it, though. At any rate, when re-installing ASX, I have the same problem.Thnaks!ericps i brought this up under a separate comment for someone else who had the same problem, you don't have to answer me twice!

Guest Red17

Hi, I am new to the active sky community and just purchased the bundle ASX/X. It looks like a great product, but I am having alot of problems with it since i first installed it, (only the original planes worked with it, downloaded planes would slow down to .4-.2 fps), but i realized that my sp1 hadn't been installed on a clean installation and therefore maybe affecting ASX/X. So I uninstalled everything, reinstalled and it gave me the "simconnect" message. I then did what you suggested here in that order. Same message. What should i do now?A few other things i noticed while playing after my first installation. 1. Weather was downloaded into fsx but didn't appear to update if i changed map positions. (A stormy sky in russia showed up as the same sky in france when it should have been sunny according to the x-map thing).2. The original fsx kingair and beechcraft would sometimes have their wheels and props in the air above the plane when viewing from outside plane. 3. Lightning seemed like original fsx lightning and clouds were better than originals but seemed to be using the types of clouds over and over again, even after changing various places around the world and doing complete reloads of scenery.4. went to historical dates of this year to try to fly near a tropical storm but sky was clear.... also went to historical tornado days and sites and sky was clear, albeit kind of windy (but light winds).5. sun and moon are sometimes missing from sky completely when flying above the clouds.I was running fsx on 25-60 fps with most settings pretty high, but now the frame rate falls drastically with all the addon planes and even sometimes with the originals. Usually with the originals it stays in the 20's-40's.Here's my stats in case they help:Dell dimension 8400 pentium 4 3.2 Ghz with HT1 Gig RAMevga 7900gt superclocked160 gigs of hard driveIf anyone has suggestions please let me know. I much appreciate your time.

Hi,I got your e-mail also, but will answer here so everyone can read things.1. If you are getting a simconnect error, then no ASX weather is in FSX. Are you still getting that "message"?2. Can you click on the Lock to FS Position box in ASX?3. Only one set of textures can be loaded into FSX at a time. To see new textures you must exit FSX, run X Graphics, select and install new textures, and then restart FSX. There is no way around this.4. What dates and what storms and what stations? But, if ASX weather is not getting into FSX, per #1, then this would explain this.5. The moon is not always visible in the sky. FSX does a pretty good job mirroring real life. For the sun you do need to search the sky sometimes to find it.6. 20-40 are excellent FPS with FSX and your system.Let's first see about the Simconnect message and go from there!Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest Red17

Hi Jim,Sorry about the double post and thanks for responding so fast. I worked this weekend, so couldn't get back to as quickly. Right now I am basically backing up and cleaning out everything on my computer to make sure there are no conflicts with anything. I don't have fsx or the ASX/X installed at the moment, so I will have to get back to you when all is installed again. I might even re-format. Anyways, in response to your questions:1. Ya, I was constantly getting the simconnect message. However, that was after I reinstalled fsx, net frame 2.0, sp1, and ASX/X. The first install, I never received that message, so everything I told you about was from the first install. I didn't play after the second one, because with the simconnect message, I knew it wouldn't work.2. ya I can click on the lock to fs position box3. understood, thank-you4. it was february 2, 2007 with the tornadoes in Florida, I took off from Orlando Executive Airport at 3am, and flew north toward the storm, but clear skies. Sorry but I forgot which station it was.5. Ya, I could have been wrong on the sun thing, because it took me a while once to find it, but I finally did.6. The 20-40 was only if i flew original planes, not add-ons. With add-ons, framerates dropped to 0.2-0.4 fps!!!! It was pretty funny. Also, for some reason, with the original kingair, the wheels and props would start to graphically float above the plane at times while viewing from outside plane. And ya, I have always been kind of surprised that fsx ran pretty smoothly on my system, despite all its bad publicity. I did play with the settings a lot though. A couple of questions for you: a. When you are flying in fsx, does active x/x only give weather to show up on the flight plan you specified or can you change your plane's position in mid-flight to anywhere in the world?b. Does ASX/X depict tornadoes?c. Is there one button you can push to combine data from ASX and X when you have planned your flight and are ready to fly? I usually end up pushing the data transfer button in both programs just to make sure the weather was going to show up as it is supposed to.d. Is it normal that every time I pushed the update weather button in Asx before I flew, it would give me a message saying that it was disabling the continuous weather update downloads?Again thank-you for your time and sorry to be so long-winded, but I have never used Active Weather before. I appreciate your patience. i will give you a status update after I re-install everything.Justin

Hi,1. You can change your position whenever you wish. AS will recognize your new position and provide the new data, without you doing anything.2. Tornadoes are big, strong, wind storms. If one were to happen near a weather station it is possible that we would show the wind gusting. No, FS will not show the dust and debris that the wind would pick up.3. I have no idea what you are asking here! Combine what data? And what data transfer button?4. No need to do this. AS will recognize your new position. Yes, this is normal, because you are interrupting the normal processes.I hope this helps!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest Red17

Hey Jim, I re-formatted and now everything works great, save for a couple of fatal errors that shut down fsx over about 3 hours of flying time. I think the problem before re-formatting was that everytime i reinstalled there was still lingering files that messed with the installation despite deleting programs through the control panel.The historical weather problem- I figured out that I was not activating the historical weather by opening the saved file. One question pertaining to tornadoes (i have a bit of interest in them, lol), will i see clouds spinning or anything? Also, do you ever plan to depict them in active sky? I know this might not be part of the purpose of the program but just wanted to ask :) Thank-you for a great program!!! I know there is a few bugs (like any program), but I will wait patiently while those are worked out. I attached a nice screenshot that i took.Sincerely,Justin

Guest fscats

I have just downloaded and purchased ASX and XGraphics. I am getting the Simconnect SP1 message when I start up. This suprises me because I am running LDS's 767 and Wilco/Feelthere 737 and the VAFS program which all work just fine.BEFORE I go uninstalling SP1 and reinstalling it - can you assure me that this will not impact my LDS, Feelthere and VAFS programs. I would rather get a refund than reinstall all of my software.SincerelyEvan Smith