Sign in to follow this  
Guest GW Norris

Need help with Xgraphics Error and XEngine Log

Guest GW Norris

OK, did another test. Opened ASX, let the auto download complete and went to the report screen and the Wx station was KSEA and hit the install XGraphics textures button and the Xgraphics box popped up and after about 2 seconds it gave me the normal errors, the same that are in my original post copies of the log file contents above.when it says it cannot find a file that is indeed there, then something is wrong with whatever file that tells it where to look. In the path name in the errorlog airport_clutter136b2su1.bmp what are the double backslashes for ? shouldn't it have X Graphics Default in between those two backslashes. after all that is the theme I have installed. In the data.xml file in the custom folder it references the folder airport_clutter and the bmp file and also references Variant. I assume it then looks for what variant theme is installed.OH well, I'm sure it's a mystery. and I will probably have to just uninstall the whole program, get a fresh download from a different server and start over. And If that dosen't work, then just forget the program all together and chock it up as a bad investment, and go back to FS9 and ASv6. I'll wait for you to get back with me and If you are out of Ideas, then I'll do as I mentioned above.Thanks for all your help

Guest GW Norris

CarlI will indeed bare with you, I know your working on it, It's not a desperate situation, I do have FS9 and ASV6 to use and since I do most of my flying on Vatsim and FSX as far as I can tell dosen't even work on vatsim yet if your a Squawkbox user, so I'm not putting any pressure on you for an instant fix.personally I think it's a problem with an xml file or the Xgraphics exe. or a DLL file. Not being a programmer myself, that's just a guess. I clicked on the button that checks the XGraphics files and got the "everythings fine" so to speak answer. I suppose that just checks to see if all the required files are there, but dosen't actually tell you if the files themselves are 100% accurate in content.I'm pretty sure we are in different time zones. I'm US Central and I believe you are in Europe somewhere. I usually can't check the forum untill at least 6PM my time, so that explains the lag time in answering posts.good luck on finding a solution, patiently waiting on this end

Guest GW Norris

Carlchecked PM's , will contact youthanksGary

Guest GW Norris

Hi Carl or JimWell It's been almost 3 days now and no word back from Carl about the error logs and the other log files I sent him for review and I sent him an email and no answer.Out of frustration because of not even a reply to my email or a reply to my private message to him. I uninstalled ASX and XGraphics, rebooted between all uninstalls. Then redownloaded from the #2 east coast server and reinstalled starting with ASX, rebooted, ran the XGauge wizard, ( entire process went fine, no errors ), installed XGraphics, rebooted, ran XGraphics, Installed the XGraphics Default theme. went fine ( no errors ), shut down XGraphics. Then reviewed the log files and all were fine, (no errors). Started up ASX and when the download and processing was finished, I went to the report screen and hit the Install XGraphics button for the wx influenced textures for KSEA. and got the same old errors as before about couldn't create cumulus01 because it couldn't find the file, even though it is there. Same exact errors as originally.Getting pretty tired of this. and no answer from Carl is pretty sad as far as I'm concerned.Gary

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi GaryI am still looking into your issue at the moment. Looking at your logs I can see a problem and narrowing down will take some time as your issue is unique.I have been logged onto MSN Messenger for the past hour so that I can update you on progress and also ask some questions to see if we can get to the bottom of this.If you read this message in the next hour or so I will still be online.We haven't forgotten you and will keep investigating until we track the problem down.ThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Guest GW Norris

Hi CarlSorry I missed you on IM. I apologize for the impatience. I got your email with the new dll to try. I sent you an email with the latest logs from the test I did after receiving your latest revised dll.Everything went normal as far as I can tell. NO ERRORS. I sent you an email with all the logs from the test in a zip file, titled XGraphicsTest2_Gary.zip.I explained in the email the steps of the test and the on screen results.I do appreciate your hard work on my problem. I promise to be patient and quiet untill I hear from you againThanks very muchGary

Guest GW Norris

CarlI just wanted to take a moment here in the forum to thank you for handling my unique problem and getting it sorted out for me.I know you went above and beyond the call of duty for me as a customer and that speaks volumes about the level of support all the people at HiFi give to all of us who enjoy their hi quality software.I have been a loyal customer since the WXre days and will continue to be.just wanted to say thanks and let you know how much your extra effort is appreciated.Gary

Hi Carl and Gary,I just came across your discussions as I installed ASX yesterday on a network system and encountered exactly the same errors and problems as Gary did... I just logged in as a new forum member to tell you this.So unfortunately the problem doesn't seem to be "unique" as you both suppose.Could you please be so kind and tell me how you got that matter solved? Reading the last post I assume the problems are solved now, aren't they?As I am from Germany I'm not that good in describing all the details of my problem in English. So I'm glad Gary did a good job in describing the errors and posting all the logs and I can say that my errors seem to be exactly the same. So please let me know how you get it fixed.And BTW: thank you for that great product! Im a customer with ActiveSky since version 5 and it's always been a pleasure to fly in AS's weather. I never encountered any problems until now - perhaps ASX is my first network installation...Thank you very much.Kind regardsChristian

Cheers, Christian

Please don't let the subject down. Is there any comment you can give me?Thank you.Christian

Cheers, Christian

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi ChristianCould you please give me the full details of your errors (XG) and also the data from your logs, your problem may not be exactly the same and I need to review the data specific to your problem.Also ensure that you have installed SP1 for XG as this has more up to date logging.ThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Hi Carl,thank you for getting on this topic. Unfortunately I just read your message after coming back from the weekend... As I am working right now I cannot provide you with the log files from my home computer. But let me tell you about the problem.Like described above ASX didn't find the wxstationlist.bin file in my AppDataFSX folder. After searching for that file the only one that exists was in my FSX root folder (H:FSX). I copied it into my AppDataFSX folder and the errors were gone. Was that OK?When trying to create a wx-influenced texture set from within ASX it says that "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and "could not find file C:ProgramFilesHiFiXGraphicsDataAirportsairport_clutter136b2su1.bmp" although this file does exist in the specified folder. XG is not started and no texture copying process commends...When trying to create a wx-influenced texture set from within XGraphics the buttons are greyed out...When I try to create a wx-influenced texture set from within ASX with XG running in the background no errors appear but XG doesn't start either.I'm running ASX/XG in a network with all Simconnect related files up to date and working. ASX and XG are both updated with SP1 and each program runs OK with FSX seperately. Only the wx-influenced texture generating and reading seems to be the culprit.I should mention that I installed ASX/XG on my FSX computer yesterday and everything runs fine in not-network mode. Wx-influence is great. But I cannot get it to work in networked mode. Would be great if you could provide me with some help.If you still need my log files I have to look for them in the next days. Is it possible to attach them all here or should I email it to you? What address?Thanks for your help.Christian

Cheers, Christian

Hi Carl and others,do you have any comments on my error descriptions? Any answers to my questions?Thank you so much.Christian

Cheers, Christian

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi ChristianLooking at the path you show it is missing a folder in the path.Also on a networked install X Graphics should as you to locate your FSX installation, FSX Application Data Folder and FSX Local Settings Application Data folder.It may be worth doing an uninstall/re install cycle so that these paths are requested, also if you are on a Vista machine you must ensure that these applications are run under administrator rights.If this doesn't correct the problem could you please send your logs to me as attachments here or via email to support@hifisim.comThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg