Sign in to follow this  
Guest pisolabe

ASX not updating FSX weather

Guest pisolabe

Hello,I have trouble with my single-PC ASX installation. I have done all the checks regarding the SimConnect versions, installation order, etc, and everything seems to be all right. I can load XEngine perfectly, but no updates are pushed to FSX. However, I can see the map updated in XGauge, but the actual weather in FSX does not update. I also see that trying to check the "Lock to FSX position" has no effect.Any guidance would be great,Thanks for your help in advance,Pisolabe

Guest pisolabe

I am afraid it doesn't. The map in ASX only shows the location I choose in "Seek station", but if I am currently flying in a totally different location in FSX, and this doesn't get reflected in the ASX map.The curious thing is that XGauge in FSX does receive information from ASX, and shows the weather I manually configure in ASX, in the same way as the ASX map does, but no updates are pushed to FSX.Thanks for your help,Pisolabe

Guest pisolabe

Hi Jim, just done so and the problem persists...Any clues?Thanks and regards,Pisolabe

Guest pisolabe

I already did that, I uninstalled everything and started from a fresh FSX, then .NET2.0, SP1 and ASX, that is how I resolved the Simconnect problem at startup, but now I have this other issue. No error messages on the log (I include it here just in case it gives you any clue): 23:03:21: Logging Initialized23:03:21: XEngine v1.0.0.325 Copyright

Guest pisolabe

I click in the "Lock to FS position" box but nothing happens, and ASX doesn't recognize the position I am flying in,Thanks,Pisolabe

Guest pisolabe

I have tried so and the problem persists,Best regards,Pisolabe

Hi,Please give this a try:Reinstalling the FSX SP1 update (recommended procedure)The first step in attempting to repair your SimConnect installation is to uninstall/reinstall FSX SP1 update. Removal is done in add/remove programs, making sure to check the "Show updates" box to see the SP1 update entry (if XP) or choosing the "View installed updates" option in (Vista).The majority of potential installation issues will be solved with this method.Manual deletion and reinstallation (if recommended reinstall procedure does not fix the problem)If further problems are experienced, the actual SP1 SimConnect installation may be damaged/corrupt and the normal reinstall procedure may not work to correct the situation. If the described reinstall does not work, please follow these instructions to force a manual reinstallation:Uninstall/remove the SP1 update as described above in the recommended procedureUsing Windows Explorer, locate the folder: C:Windowswinsxs (your Windows folder may be different if you chose to install it into another location. C:Windows is the normal default)In this folder will be the entry: x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20Delete this entry by highlighting it and pressing the DELETE key on your keyboard (confirm YES to delete)Reinstall the FSX SP1 updateJimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest pisolabe

Hi Jim,I have followed your steps and tried the two methods. None of them worked, I still have the same issue. Any more ideas?Thanks for your help,Pisolabe

Guest pisolabe

Just tried this and nothing. The curious thing is that I just installed ASX onto another computer and tried a networked installation and this one works perfectly, but the single-PC setup doesn't want to work. Anyway, thanks very much for your help and support. Pisolabe