Sign in to follow this  
golli

Confused about the Archived Weather Data thingy

Good day.My ASv6.5 has arrived and is innstalled in my PC.I've gone to the "download weather" section of it, allready designated a file (X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesASv6Archive Weather) to save and back up.In the download weather section, I push the "Download Archive" button and get a message "Downloading WX Data from HiFi Data Net (232)..."And this goes on forever, 1 hour+ ?? and nothing shows up in my folder (see above).As I said in another post about 2 weeks ago, I dont have internet connection @ home, from where I will be doing my flying, so I have hauled my FS9 PC, here to work and am in the process of trying to establish a weather database of archived weather.Is there no database @ HiFI Sim with these "DAT" files, basically huge notepad/wordpad metarstrings ??ASv6.5 sure looks good though.Thanks in advance.Golli.

Hi Golli,Sorry for the trouble. I just tried and everything worked, so it is not our system. Now, I would say that it could be something at your workplace that is blocking the download.Can you browse to our web site OK?At work do you connect through a proxy server?Firewall disabled?If you run ASv6 in Online mode do you get current weather data to show up?Is IE set to work Offline? If it is then change that.Please let us know,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Hi there Jim.Although I have the "dot" in the Firewall settings OFF the firewall still shows as ON in the security settings app.I am browsing the internet perfectly (first time on this PC) and can get the most current weather in ASv6.5. I've even saved 4 DAT files with four hour intervals. With that rate it would take me one year to get..................one year's worth of metar ;-) And I have "Online Updates" checked.Proxy server .....???? honestly dont know, never heard of it:-eek Thanks for a quick reply.Golli.

THIS JUST IN !!!Something happened, after numerus times of restarting ASv6.5.I'm now up to 102Mb of DAT:-jumpy Thanks for your help JIM.Golli.