Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

FATEL ERROR?

Guest GREENGRASS

After flying for 10 to 15 minutes --message fatal error-. fsx restarting.any solution to this problem?thanks don

i just downloaded and installed fsx yesterday, and it seems that i am having a similar problem. i also note the earlier long thread about similar, if not identical, crashes of various kinds and various fixes.i am flying fsx with sp1, have .net 2.0 installed, and up to the day of installation, the sim was performing beautifully with default and with photographic scenery. the installation of the asx went well, and the initial setup also was ok. i started asx; after it opened and connected, i started fsx,imported a flight plan into asx, then minimized asx and opened fsx to full window. i was flying with one of the fsx default twin engine planes, and the weather was scenery was exactly as the metar indicated. the gauge showed weather and flight plan. i was flying alone (that is, not multiplayer mode).about 20 minutes into the flight, there was a sudden microsoft warning that there was a problem with asx and asx would shut down. the screen promptly crashed to desk top. the asx icon on the task bar closed, and the fsx was minimized with its icon on the lower task bar. the microsoft message was incomprehensible to me with its interminable list of files, etc.fsx itself had not shut down. i was able to bring it back to the desktop using 'escape/continue flying'. fsx opened in full screen, and the flight proceeded without further incident. the original asx weather persisted, but there were no updates. the gauge showed an unchanging picture and the flight plan was now gone.i am giving all this detail because my experience seems to fit within the range of the various crashes to desktop which others have reported in this thread and some previous ones. my impression has been that most of the suggested fixes have worked for some but not for all the crashes.this is a real pity, because i am very impressed with asx and have been using earlier active sky versions in fs9 and fsx (pre sp1). i really hope that someone can figure out the cause for this problem and produce a patch or update which will eliminate it. otherwise, i shall feel compelled to switch to some other weather engine.steve chavin

Hi I have the same problem with FSX crashing while running ASX.Tried all the suggestions but still getting crashes. thought Id fixed it at one point but then started getting crashes again.Dont always get an error message though,sometimes it just aborts and desktop is showing.Ive reported this before in another fatal error post so wont go into details.Ive given up using ASX with FSX as its virtually impossible to complete a flight. I use FS9 with AS6 if i want to fly with Real weather.Will wait for the service pack for ASX and hope it fixes the problems.Any ideas when it might be released?I dont think ASX is completely to blame for the crashes.There are major issues with SP1 for FSX which causes stability problems.still waiting for Microsoft to fix this.Could run FSX flawlessly prior to SP1.pity ASX doesnt work without SP1 installed as im sure there would be less crashes if you could.RegardsRichard

jim:thanks for the quick reply. i do not have my problem if asx is not on; the sim flies beautifully (except for the weather!) i will do an uninstall/reinstall cycle today or tomorrow and let you know the reult after further flights.i am pleased that you are willing to work with us on this matter (although based on my past experiences with active sky, i am not surprised).steve chavin

Guest GREENGRASS

No problems running fsx without asx installed,tried with sp1 and without sp1 crash still happens.The sim crashes to taskbar then restarts its self ,after the error messagethanks DON

jim:i uninstalled asx and then reinstalled it. after flying for nearly 2 hours, the sim suddenly froze (image static and sound droning on monotonously). i tried all the tricks i could to escape, using ctrl/alt/delete, etc., but nothing worked. after another attempt with control/alt/delete, the screen suddenly went black and the sound stopped. at this point i did a soft reboot. the computer booted up and i gave up for the night.so reinstallation does not seem to correct the problem. sorry about that.steve chavin

jim:here are my system specs:motherboard asus p5p800 socket 775 with intel processor, 3.0 ghzram memory 2gbhard drive 2 x 108 gb in a raid 0 configurationvideo card xfx 7950 gt agp 8x 512 mb ramwindows xp professionalsp 1.net 2.0eset nod 32 antiviruszone alert free firewallif you need any additional information, please let me know.steve chavin

Guest GREENGRASS

It means i had fsx-sp1 installed and while flying got the fatel errormessage,fsx then restarts.Then deleted fsx-sp1 and still got the error.I would say this rules out fsx-sp1 being the culpritThanks Don