Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

FATEL ERROR?

jim:sorry for the delay. the situation is somewhat confusing to me. several days ago, i had a flawless flight with asx working: no crashes, and acceptable weather simulation. today was my first flight session since the successful one, and the sim froze for several minutes after takeoff; it did not crash to desktop or minimize as it has sometimes done. neither escape nor ctrl/alt/delete did anything. i finally had to shut the computer down manually. the event log after this incident had no entries.here is some information from the event log. an earlier incident, on 7/30, wherein the sim crased to desktop, had several closely spaced messages about .net runtime 2.0. at 9:15.05, the log recorded an error message".net runtime version 2.0.50727.832- fatal execution engine error (7A0592A2)(80131506). at 9:15.10, a second ,net runtime 2.0 error message read: "faulting application xengine.exe, version 1.0.0.325,, stamp 4465bd5, faulting m,odule mscorwks.dll version 2.0.50727.832........" . finally, at 9:16.15, there was an information entry about .net runtime 2.0 ":....... faulting application xengine.exe....." plus reference to the faulting module mscorwks.dll.that's about all the event log shows with references to asx (other than installations and uninstallations) or to .net 2.0 does this get us any further along in understanding the problem? does it mean there are several causes of the crashes?i do not recall whether i have installed the service pack for .net 2.0 runtime which you mention in the refererence to the impending asx service pack, but i think it has not been installed.i also note that prior to the fsx malfunctions with asx running, the asx weather seems to disappear or stutter momentarily, and what i imagine to be fsx's default fair weather shows through very briefly before asx reasserts itself. is this another problem or a different aspect of the crash problem?i look forward to hearing your wise thoughts about all of the above.steve chavin

jim:thanks for the reply. this is getting a bit confusing. please clarify.i will install dotnetfx, which i guess is the primary .net 2.0 program, dated 1/22/06. you then mention the update. i assume you mean the ms updates= service packs. but there appear to be 2 different service packs for .net 2.0, with the same exe file name. one is sp1,dated,7/11/06. the other is sp2 is dated 3/8/07.do i need both sp 1 and sp2, or only sp 2?thanks again for the helpsteve chavin