Hi, just installed SP1 . . .Here my first remarks :1/ we are still flying with NO alternate - at least I cannot enter an aerodrome . . .2/ good, that we can print now ONLY the navlog !3/ but missing the summary of wind data for different altitudes like in ASv6.5 - you enter an altitude , lets say for WSSS-EGLL of 34000 FT, but at max TOW the first 2-3 hours you fly only at FL 300 and at the end of the trip you end up at FL 400 - the summary was nice to check the winds at FL 290 or FL 3904/ missing the temp column like in ASv6.5 - right now in summer time the temps are well over ISA and may result in a TAS difference up to 20-25 kts or up to 30 mins for stretch like SIN-LHR - this is important for exact flight planning . . .5/ still heavy differences between ASv6.5 and ASX for winds aloft !Today at 0800Z checked WSSS-EGLL in both systems - the winds are ALL different - main tendency is OK ( if in ASX the main wind is lets say EAST, so are winds in ASv6.5 slightly EASTSOUTHEAST ), but can someone from HiFi can explain this ? How can this happen - different sources ?A real heavy difference : ASv6.5 at SUI ( polish/german border about 1 hour before LHR ) wind FL290 156/002, at FL340 111/005 and at FL390 142/004ASX only at FL 340 187/104 !!!!! must be a mistake !Right now I am using ASX as a assistance for my flight planning - no flight as yet with ASX !Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

HiJust completed a flight EGSS-EICK with SP1 installed.Seems to be a major improvement with the wind shift issues.Didnt get any at all.Prior to installing SP1 winds would be constantly shifting from a head wind to tail wind and instant increases and decreases in speed.Didnt have any of this and no overspeed warnings.Havent tried using the virtual stations though as it says wind shift s are possible with virtual stations enabled.[i get very poor frame rates in FSX if I have this option enabled,dont have a top of the range system yet]Also seems to have eliminated the FSX CTD,s I was getting constantly when using ASX prior to SP1.Hopefully now I can use ASX and FSX together as i much prefer to fly with real weather.RegardsRichard

I found it annoying that the tool tips dissapear before I have a chance to read them. Yet was not repaired far as I see.BUT I am sincerely grateful for the other updated issues...Allen

Guest kinetic

I still can't seem to import flightplans into ASX. Will I get those enroute "fortitifed" weather-station if I don't? Will I get enroute fortified stations when using a direct-to route by just entering departure and destination manually into asx? Details:I'm clicking Briefing -> Change Flight Plan -> Import. Then I doubleclick my "somefligtplan.pln" file, but no joy. The fields DEPARTURE ID, DESTINATION ID are greyed out and can't be edited. I then says "deprature id not found" when i click "Process"-button.Hope this can be fixed!-Kinetic

A few more remarks :1/ After an update of wx WSSS-EGLL at 1430Z the differences between both systems persists - the mistake at SUI still there with a slightly change in wind direction but speed still at 104 kts, whereby the winds before and after SUI are at 10 ( ten ) kts level !2/ good = processing of flight plan ( 100 waypoints ) takes only secondes in ASX, but up to 5 minutes in ASv6.5 !!3/ mistake in heading ( mainly on transatlantic routes ) still there - aaccdg to my observations it is related only to heading whereby a TRUE heading of 090 or 270 is required - i.e. between 55N030W and 55N040W TRU heading is 270 but both systems show an easterly hdg !! and vice versa in the other direction !Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

HI Kinetic,this is most probably related to your .pln format - I can import with no problem - see above WSSS-EGLL . . .Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

Hi Jim, I know fron another posting that you were out of town . . .But I would really know the answers to my remarks.Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

Just to update :Wind at SUI still at 104 kts - wx taken at 0630Z whereby the ASv6.5 wx is at 236/45 . . .Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

Hi,Which specific remarks? Please don't say "All of them"!!!!Suggestions for future features should be sent to: tell-us@hifisim.comAny wind shift issues have been explained in a pinned post at the top of this forum.Now, for anything that is left over, please post a few at a time per thread and I will be more than happy to take a look, now that I am back home and have access to FSX/ASX!Thanks Much,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Hi Jim,thanks anyway for your time, butall remarks are not new and were sent to tell-us after a few weeks after delvry of ASX1/ the alternate issue2/ printing, which is included in SP13/ the wind issue ( not wind shifts !!!) - different sources !!??4/ the heading issue on transatlantic routes RegardsKarl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

Hi,Every single one of the issues you mention (except 5) have been specifically addressed in SP1. If you are continuing to have a problem please write me directly at damianc@hifisim.com with the specifics on how to duplicate this.Concerning 3 and 4, this data IS available but not in the navlog. Print the whole thing and you will see it in the extended briefing.Concerning 5, the differences are due to many reasons. ASX has new data sources, a new server system, different sample points, is more up to date, covers more altitudes, etc. In testing ASX proves to be much more accurate based on actual winds for a given time. ASv6 tends to be less accurate but more consistent to delayed forecast data (i.e. 6-12 hours old). If you suspect a problem here, rather than compare ASv6 data, please compare with actual live wind aloft data. Any significant inconsistencies there can be looked at.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies