Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone file an IFR Flight plan from PHTO to PHLU?

Every time I try to use FS2002 planner and file an IFR flight plan from PHTO to PHLU (using VOR to VOR) is finds the route ok, when you hit fly now, FS2002 tells me this? (see pic)Is their no way to file IFR out of PHTO?Anyone ever see this error before?Thanks

You might have to manually add an intersection in the flight plan. How many VORs are in the flight plan?Jason

I just scrubbed my flight from PHTO to PHLU... PAX are upset, but I can't make any sense about my destination airport.....As for the flight plan, it only has two VOR's in the plan. I tried every combo, but no joy..I then went online to see what the weather was like at PHLU. Result:PHLUThe most recent METAR observation from PHLU in our system was generated at the source at:2000/05/05 20:50 UTC The observation is:PHLU 052050Z TEST TEST TEST Active Sky, didn't like this.... I was going to fly the PSS dash 8, but the FMS indicated PHLU does not exist... OK... Back to the Internet.... Kalaupapa airport code appears to be LUP..."Ladies and Gentlemen, our flight today to Kalaupapa has been cancelled, because our pilot doesn't know the correct airport code, the weather currently reported at PHLU is TEST TEST TEST, way below minimum's, and he's scratch all his hair off his head trying to flight plan our trip" We're sorry for the inconvenience, but next time don't fly in paradise.... :-lolI got up at 6am for this.....

Thanks for the help everyone... Looks like another bug.... I best update my drivers.... :-lol

Just a thought, I sometimes get this error when I fly to an overlay airport that I added. For example I like to fly Kord to 2dtw. I get the error message, go into the sim at Kord, reload the flight plan, and for some reason it works fine. I have no idea why :).Matt

Thanks Matt,,, But this was with default scenery.... Looks like a bug... But thanks..Happy holidays..

Guest P3_Super_Bee

PHLU is a bogas code. Only exists in MS's imagination Kalaupapu Airport only uses the 3 digit code of LUP. All info for airport, weather/NOTAMS, are listed as PHMK/MKK which is Molokai Airport.Here's a question, is the Dash8 considered a STOL aircraft? What's runway mins? As this airport in question only has a 2700x75 runway.PS I just loaded this flight plan into the default FS GPS.PHTO - UPP - OGG - PHLU. Here's how I did it. I tryed from the "create a flight" menu like you guys did (I would guess) as you guys I got the can't load flight plane error.After I was placed at airport. I went into the flight plan menu from the dropdowns replaned the flight and it loaded just fine.

Super_bee... Thanks for the info.. But I also tried what you did, after the plane was placed at the airport, went into the flight plan, and replaned the flight. It appeared to work, but I was not given the chance to fly IFR, as the controller treated me as VFR...Anyhow, last night I made it back to PHNL, and now I'm currently sitting in my 767Pic back to Canada... Gotta make it home for x-mas :-lolCheers and Happy Holidays....