Ok it wasn't exactly a P-3 for FSX that I found. It was an L-188 Electra. Pretty much the same but probably no hurricane hunter paint for the L-188. Here's the link the the L-188:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxac&DLID=103309RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Well, looking much better anyway!As far as the eye goes, when I flew over Flossie, there was a clearing there and I assumed that it was depicting the eye. I guess it is possible that it was just random clearing, not sure. The winds also didn't increase or decrease based on the eye for me either. I would guess there would have to be an additional station in the eye, or a virtual station to a more accurate variation in wind. It must depend on the hurricane depiction part of ASX?

Hi,There is no reliance on actual stations. The data is from actual hurricane position/advisory reports available from several public and private data sources. We create the hurricanes in the sim using virtual station generation as well as a few other tricks.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Also have virtual station generation on? This is important.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Great movie thanks for sharing as for winds going to test that had a total other experience... but going tot test again with Dean lolCheers,Andr

André

Rhett thanks for sharing going to look into that one too and maybe fire up the brush lolCurious how Dean will look like when it reaches cat 4...Cheers,Andr

André

Well, I just got my wing tips wet with Dean, and it seems rather tame when compared to Flossie. Very sporadic showers, winds to about 79 kts. Not a lot of wind shifts going on as far as ASX goes. At a cat 2 it feels rather mild thus far.dean1.jpg

Great, I'd love to see them. After I posted that, I went back into Dean a couple hours later and was getting hammered by winds in the P47. It was hard to get back out of it! I'm not sure what happened between my first flight and the second, but it was a huge difference. My impressions of Dean, are again, I noticed a clearing at the eye, so that was good. The wind speed in the eye didn't change from what they were, but overall it was fun and challenging. Flying into it, it was mild, but coming back out - I was struggling to get out even with the 2300HP Pratt and Whitney r-2800-59. I think that this one is picking up some steam. It also felt like, as I was fighting the wind, I would pick up a wind surge and it loaded up the prop causing a stall! This happened about three different times. Not sure what exactly was going on, but that is sure what it felt like! Good stuff.

Nice pics Andre. Like that aircraft too. I'll probably check Dean out later tonite if I get a chance. I heard it could get to Cat for by this weekend. Interesting watching it (and flying in it) whilst its gaining strength.

Ok Scott/Chalkman in keeping with the trend of flying cargo jets into hurricanes (you flew Fedex A310), tomorrow I plan on flying an Arrow Air DC-10-30F into Dean, from a base in Kingston, Jamaica.I hope I am up to the task. I only have about 20 hours in that aircraft (FFA/SSG DC-10).RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Lol. Good luck Rhett, somehow I keep seeing the beginning of the movie "Castaway" in my head. :8 Try cutting an engine and see how that effects the ability of the plane to fight the cross wind and maintain course - good stuff. I will also fly some heavy into it of some cargo configuration and report back with some screens. I'm afraid that if Dean does get to Cat 4 or 5, flying a prop plane just won't have to power to deal with it.