Sign in to follow this  
Guest NPreston

Problem assigning mixture axes with Saitek X-45

Guest Staalplaat

Well, finally, after messing around with unofficial (but great working!) drivers for Windows 2k/XP Saitek finally released working drivers for the Saitek X-45.Unfortunately Rotary switch 1 isn't working in FS2K2! The rotary is recogniced in the Calibration menu in windows. It is also selectable in the FS2K2 axses menu BUT when I assign it to the mixtrue control axsis it doesn't function in the sim itself! No matter what assignment I give it, it refuses to operate!After research I ran the joystick axsis through FCUIPC but within this program the rotary doesn't work either!!Are there any X-45 owners here at Avsim that use the new Saitek drivers and managed to get the rotary working? Or has anyone any other options for me to try? Unfortunately I did not got any reaction on my post on the official Saitek forum.Happy holidays,Lennart

HiI MIGHT be able to help you out on this one.I have an X-36 joystick and since i've got it working with XP's default X-36 drivers, it been working great.When it comes to using the rotaries, i had to follow this method to get the rotaries working:Try assigning the spoiler key to a rotary axis before you try a mixture control, then you can find out whether a rotary will work with your FS.(1) Go to Controls, Assignments, and select the function that you would like to use the rotary (ie. doule click on the function - in the joystick column, then physically move the choosen rotary so that FS can identify it).(2) Go to Controls, Sensitivies. In the Joystick tab select Advanced. I have my X-36 using a rotary for Spoilers. If you scroll down the axis name list, you will (in my case) find a spoiler axis. Next... set the "Spoiler axis" sensitivity to maximum. This will allow FS to activate the rotary and make full use of the rotary moving back and forth.(3) Try it out in FS.I don't know if you will be able to get what you want with the mixture assigned to the rotary because the mixture control consists of MANY other keys where as the spoilers consists of just the one key ie. "/"The only way around it (as i see it), allowing you to increase and decrease the mixture is to select the different mixture keys onto different "MODES" on a choosen selected button. I don't know whether changing modes on a rotary will make any difference, you might not be able to use different keys on the one rotary.I haven't actually got the modes to function in FS2002, but i've heard there is a way of achieving this. I think the Saitek forum had info on this.I hope i've helped you out abit.Happy XmasWill

I've been using the small two way orange switch located next to the lower rotory switch on the throttle for mixture and prop control.L.Adamson

Guest Staalplaat

WILL!!!!You are the GREATEST! Well, maybe not THE greatest, for that's my mother off course ;-) but pretty great anyway... . Your reply, in wich you mentioned "sensitivity" made me think about sensitivity for the axsis. I went to the menu and saw... . the slider for rotary one way back. I maxed it out, fired up my beloved SF260 and... MIXTURE CONTROL YIHAAAA.thanks dude!Merry Xmas and the BEST wishes for 2003

HiGlad to be of help, and pleased that you got it working fine :DCheersWill

Hey Guys !! I've been thinking about one of these setups for ages now. Is it worth it ? Is the hardware OK ? Does it work well enough with XP to warrant a purchase ? ThanksNick

Guest NPreston

I also have the X-45 and I must say at first I was a bit skeptical about it, but now that I have had it for a few months I must say that it is a dream of a joystick. The controls are so smooth and very reliable. And it does lose it's calibration all the time. Since I have owned it I have only calibrated it once. :-hahIf I ever need another joystick I'll be getting another X-45Nick :-abducthttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dfc106f5bf736da.jpg