Sign in to follow this  
hariseldon

visibility issue in rain ( thunderstorms )

flying Nvidia 8800GTX, 162.18 official drivers, DX90c, winXPSp2hello,I'm using ASX defaults and, after entering a rainy thunderstorm (either setup by me or - i.e. - actual hurrican Dean), after a while the visibility goes to absolute zero and so it stays even climbing to 30000ft and more (the "fog" stays every time up to that altitude, and sometimes the rain too ! ...), and it won't go away unless getting out of the storm; a weird aspect of this issue is that, if I toggle from top-down view to any external one, for an instant I see a normal overcast/visually-impairing weather, thence the foggy situation returnsso I thought to a layer issue but, although deleting upper clouds layers, the issue stays, and now I don't know what's to do any help?thanks

thanks for the prompt assistance:I've tried "stock" thunderstorm in FSX, and customized thunderstorm ("worst" settings) as well: things are fine, there: rain and no visibility at lower altitudes (with patches of better visibility too), panorama of cloud tops above 15000ft (that's what I set)I've also tried default ASX with other cockpits (I had weird behaviour with Abacus pits in the past), same issue: rain and no visibility up to 30000 and above, in the eye of the hurricane (Dean) tooI haven't installed SP1 so far, only downloaded

Guest Red17

Ya I'm having the exact same issue when flying through dean and I am totally up to date on everything. It seems no matter what i try, this haze is all the way up to 30000 ft. The hurricane eye itself seems very unpronounced and hazy. I tried unclicking the Cirrus (ovc) option in the advanced install options in x graphics to no avail.Thanks for your time,Justin

HI Guys,Both ASX and XG SP1 should be installed to be all on the same pageJustin: Before unclicking the Cirrus (ovc) option in the advanced install options in, did you first install cirrus overcast 4 or 5, then close xg? if you only uncheck Cirrus (ovc) option it wont works, you must install cirrus overcast 4 or 5 first, then Cirrus (ovc) uncheck Cirrus, then close xg. This purpose is only for the haze layers is only the flat white effect that's you get on the groundnear mountain or higher, not the "3d fog effect" in fsx.SP1 XG must be installed, if not it wont works.ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Red17

Thanks for the reply. ya i have sp1 xg installed. And no i didn't install 4 or 5 first because i usually install the x graphics textures through the asx briefing or report pages and i'm not sure how to install only the 4 and 5 textures. Sorry but i'm only a casual user so you will probably have to spell it out for me. Thank-you. Oh, and how can i turn off the 3d fsx fog effect?

>>Both ASX and XG SP1 should be installed to be all on the same>page>> .......please, I don't understand what are you meaning with "same page" option... ?!SP1s installed, flawlessly: same issue: when the rain starts (it does never happen without this event), thence the fog starts, and it never goes away, regardless of altitude or ceasing rain nevertheless, I've tried again stock major thunderstorm, with ASX active: entering the rain, the issue never happened, so maybe it's been a Dean issue only