Sign in to follow this  
Guest piper

X Graphics Theme Install Failure

Guest piper

I just purchased X Graphics, installed it, installed the service pack (now running build 297). When I try to install the standard theme I get the message "Theme Install Failed The requested operation can not be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". The error log looks like:1:25:41 PM Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.Please view the error log from the options screen1:25:44 PM Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.Please view the error log from the options screenThe last 4 lines from the Install Theme log are:1:25:40 PM Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - Installing Texture1:25:40 PM Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - From D:Program FilesHiFiXGraphicsDataAirportstaxi_concreteX Graphics Defaulttaxi_concrete.dds1:25:40 PM Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - To C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTexturetaxi_concrete.dds1:25:41 PM Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - Install Failed at D:Program FilesHiFiXGraphicsDataAirportstaxiway_marksX Graphics Defaulttaxiway_marks.ddsOther Info:I have tried rebooting.I do not have FSX open when installing the theme.I am running Vista.Running "check xgraphics files" says everything is installed correctly.The FSX applicaiton is on my C driveX graphics is located at D:Program FilesHiFiXGraphicsAny Help?

Guest piper

Did as you said. I am running as Admin. The last 4 lines of the log:3:10:40 PM Thursday, 23 August 2007 - Installing Texture3:10:40 PM Thursday, 23 August 2007 - From C:Program FilesHiFiXGraphicsDataCloudscirrus_fewX Graphics Defaultcirrus_few01.bmp3:10:40 PM Thursday, 23 August 2007 - To C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTexturecirrus_few01.bmp3:10:40 PM Thursday, 23 August 2007 - Install Failed at C:Program FilesHiFiXGraphicsDataCloudscirrus_fewX Graphics Defaultcirrus_few02.bmpWhat now????

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi PiperI am looking into this for you. There seems to be a file access problem on your pc.Is X Graphics installed under an admin account and are you logged into the same account that X Graphics was installed under.Also, if you reboot does the installation of a theme fail at a different file?ThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Guest piper

I spent a lot of time working with this one, but think I have it licked. It was strange, because it would NEVER stop at the same file. I concluded that it therefore must be a file access problem on my side. I totally de-installed FSX from my boot drive (which is also a raid 0 drive) and moved it to my storage drive (which is just a simple single hard drive. Reinstalled all the Hi-fi stuff and it works now.Thanks for the attenion especially as it was probably my machines fault in the first place.Regards,P