Sign in to follow this  
regis9

X Graphics and Shockwave 3D Lights

Has anyone using X-Graphics tried the new Shockwave 3D Lights add-on? I'm just wondering how well they work together, since both seem to be modifying the landing lights....

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Until you look out your cockpit window and see that the lights light up the clouds (actually everything including the ground) in front of you even if they are 100+ miles away from you. Nice idea poor execution, now you can see why Microsoft didn't do this, it looks stupid.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest ArScAn

I have both too, but I didn't like to much the results...At the first time you play it's looks awesome but in my system the lights only light up the ground, and if I change the aircraft during the flight the landing lights don't turn on again...Traffic flying 50nm from you looks like a huge light beacon (white and red), it's not real... And why they are always flying with the landing lights on?!?!? The ideia and the visual effect is great, but it has some few bugs...I hope that's not happening because of the X Graphics and Active Sky...

Guest N6722c

>I have both too, but I didn't like to much the results...>>At the first time you play it's looks awesome but in my system>the lights only light up the ground, and if I change the>aircraft during the flight the landing lights don't turn on>again...Traffic flying 50nm from you looks like a huge light>beacon (white and red), it's not real... And why they are>always flying with the landing lights on?!?!? >>The ideia and the visual effect is great, but it has some few>bugs...I hope that's not happening because of the X Graphics>and Active Sky...>>>For $10, it's not bad, and a good compromise. To do realistic Illumination lighting would be almost impossible as an addon.(1) The lights on/off issue with other aircarf is NOT a Shockwave fault, its abug in FSX.(2) When landing lights are turned on for landing, they look quite realistic (for $10)(3) IN real life, at night when you have your night vision, your landing lights will appear to illuminate clouds... not as much as the Shockware product, but to some extent.(4) Biggest shortcomming in my opinion, is that the lights should "aooear: to be a lot less blinding during the day, and a little miore brighter at night. If that could be done, and the lights DIPPED a little more, to reduce back-scattering of light into the pilot's eyes, it would be even better.Geoff(Not associated with Shockware -- just a happy customer)

Guest nigvilla

I see there is a new shockwave 3D release out. Has anybody tried this with ASX and/or X Graphics?How do you go about combining these different products ,do you have to disable a particular effect in ASX or X Graphics options or settings ?