Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3liz33

ASV6 problem

Guest 3liz33

I have just installed ASV6.5 on my computer. But for some reason, it won't fetch the weather properly. I have it set to follow online weather in the options. But when it tries to refresh the weather, I receive a message saying "Download Failed or Canceled. Will retry at next update interval." At the next update, i receive the same message. I then went in the options to and selected Vatsim weather instead of Online weather. When I get the Vatsim weather, It gives me the wrong METAR and weather. Winds are different that what it is indicated in the Fsinn... How can I get my Active Sky to work properly using online weather?Thanks

Hi,Sorry for the problem. First place to look is at your firewall/anti-virus settings and make sure ASv6 has access to the Internet.Also, make sure that Internet Explorer is NOT set to Work Offline.Please let us know about this so that we can get you up and running.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest 3liz33

yes my firewall as ASV6 in its exception list. It has nothing to do with my firewall. I had people telling me to check my port, but I don't know how.

Guest 3liz33

I can browse the web perfectly. I do not use internet explorer, because i had problems with it when i tried to install the newest version of explorer, so i started using Firefox

Guest 3liz33

It is installed, but still does not work

Guest 3liz33

I am not too good in that type of stuff so i Can't really tell you if its connected to a proxy server or not. But I have re-installed ASV6 countless times. Do you think that if i re install my FS9, the problem might get solved?

Guest 3liz33

Usually i can today when i tried, it had problems connecting to the weather serv