Hello all!For some time now, regardless of what Active Sky X weather said when I make my flight plan, when I get to the destination, the wind is always calm. This happens with every flight world wide. There also seems to be a radical wind change from the predicted weather to the calm wind, about 2 - 3 nm from the threshold. I use FSX deluxe, ASX (no graphics), and Radar Contact4.3.0.3843. I have 4.1.2.6 FSUIPC installed as well. I can not seem to find any setting that might cause this. Departure and en route weather is as predicted (except of course for the FSX wind shifts). Any ideas? - Roger

Hello Jim: Yes, I am using SP1. Here is my ASX config file. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated - Roger

OK Jim. Sorry for the late reply, I work 12 hour shifts, and did not get a chance to see any correspondence until I got home.Here is KBOS - CYHZ. When I fly this, app 50 nm away ATIS will give CYHZ weather with winds as indicated by ASX before departure. When contacting the tower (app 5nm out), I will be told "winds calm". At this point the cockpit wind gauge will indicate what the ATIS said. Shortly after this (2-3nm out)I will fly through the transition (sometimes violently) to the calm weather. This scenario will happen to every destination no matter where that may be, regardless as well of the departure airport. Rather frustrating, but once you get the plane re-lined up it makes for an easy landing. My go around skills are improving greatly as well! - Roger

Hi Roger,If you can remember: What were the reported winds in ASX? What we may have here is the situation where ASX is reporting winds, but they fall into the "calm winds" category in FSX. There is a upper wind speed value where FS reports "calm". You and I and ASX may not think they are calm, but FS does. Now, I don't know the EXACT limit, but I think anything up to 8kts is reported "calm".BUT, on the other hand you are reporting that ATIS at 50 nm out is reporting things correctly.So, maybe I have confused the issue here! Is it that the winds in FSX drop to calm in the Shift/Z display or is ATIS reporting things as calm?When you get a chance, try a flight with FS Real weather and see if this same thing happens on your system.Thanks, Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Thanks Jim:I'll keep my eye on the "calm winds" theory and also try FS real weather.This gives me something to go on. Much appreciated. - Roger