Need help in having ASV 6.5 working again. I have FS9 and FSX installed on a USB HD. Never a problem until my USB HD was changed from "F" drive to "G". I have gotten most everything working in the renamed "G" drive except AS6.5. Changed the ASV shortcut to "g" and the config files in Modules from F to G but when try to execute ASG or AS WX engine it tries to reinstall or something. In using reinstall to modify or repair the install program shows the "F" location and I can't change it. It now needs to reinstall in the G drive. Hope this makes some sense.Any help in getting ASV back up and working will be appreciated. I hate to fly without ASV.Sure appreciate any help Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Carl,It is your registry that still thinks AS is on the F drive. We don't support editing the registry, though that is an option. What we always suggest is a uninstall and reinstall of AS. Yes, you may have trouble uninstalling because of the location change, so then you manually delete things and then use a registry cleaner to remove AS from the registry.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Jim,Thanks for your help. I was afraid it would be a problem with having to deal with the registry. If I go ahead and manually delete all the ASV folders in Modules how do I handle the original backup textures? Finally is there someone that could recommend any good free registry cleaner or payware as last resort.CarlP4-3.4ghz, 2gram, 7600GS-256mb, windows XP

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jim,I went into the registry using a dwonload from Flight One that at least suppose to help the FS9 path. Like you mentioned in the registry under HiFi the ASG and ASV have the old "F" drive listed.If I could (1) manually edit those by just changing the drive letter from F to G would that solve the problem or (2) if I delete the HiFi folder from the registry would that allow me to reinstall? Sorry for all the questions. Appreciate any comments.Carl

Carl

Not quite on the subject, but what registry cleaner do you recommend?? I did a "free" scan and it said I had a couple hundred errors, will this cause problems with 6.5 or FS?? Appreciate some clarification on this subject, thanks, RRL

Jim,Used #1 and I am back in business. Just went into the HiFi folder for ASG and then ASV and modifed each to point to G drive. Also while in the registry I noticed many other FS9 and FSX files needed to be changed to G.Everything is now okCarl

Carl

Thanks, I heard that these cleaners are not good for computers..........anything to this??? RRL

Jim,Is this "RegCleaner" freeware? I did a google and I found several registry cleaners such as Reg Clean etc. Found a free "RegCleaner", small exe. file (540kb). Could this be the one.thanks again for your help.Carl

Carl