Sign in to follow this  
Mace

toning down the Electric Blue water

Hello, I don't often post about graphics things but this is one thing that continually bothers me, and I cannot find a combination of water textures in XGraphics that has solved it.I am referring to the super-bright blue water textures, particularly in the tropics but really even in northern climes the water textures are too bright and too blue in most conditions.I know in the real world water can be very, very blue on clear days in the tropics (I've seen pictures of Suvadiva Atoll, yes. :) ). But in my opinion the water in most places in FSX was overdone. I can't find a texture combo in XGraphics to do "tone it down" a notch.And a "slate gray" water texture is proving hard to achieve also. This would work for inland or ocean water when the weather is rainy.Is there a combo of water textures I should be trying that any of you know about?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Hi Mace,>>Try the Muddy sets or the green hinted sets on the Water>Textures tabs.>>Also, some have seen better water results running FSX water at>1X low. I am sure you have seen those posts!>I will try the muddy and green hinted sets.We need a slate gray water ;) which is what the Mississippi looks like where I'm from.If you run 1.x low, won't you miss out on a lot of the water effects? RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

All right, I have installed all of the "dark" labelled water textures.They are not really dark enough for what I was trying for. Or maybe I should say, they are not slate gray enough for what I see in real-world aerial photographs on cloudy days, and what I've personally seen.I am going to try some more combos (muddy, stormy, etc.) and see if I can get a "less bright" ocean water coloration.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett