Sign in to follow this  
Spin_Cykle

Yet another Texture Loading Problem.........

Just built a new computer and figured my "Hi-Fi" woes would be gone, I guess that was optimistic thinking on my part. Im currently running ASX/X-Graphics bundle and the program always seems to hang and never load the textures properly. After selecting the station/local area I'm flying, I click install textures and the program never cycles to the next prompt where it asks me "yes" "no" ... blah blah. I had this problem before when running XP after the SP1 B1083 B279 update and still have the problem w/ Vista Ult. and the update. I have tried un-installing and nothing seems to work. Every now and then it will decide to load textures, this seems to occur when I launch X-Graphics first then launch ASX. I'm about to say goodbye to Hi Fi and any future products. This whole expierence has been nothing but aggravating. Thanks for the help and sorry for the complaints.ScottPC:Abit IP35 Pro. (Bios 10)Q6600 G0 (723A) 3.304 - 367mhz - 1.35 vcore(bios) Crucial Ballistix PC 6400 - OCZ Cooler - 1:1 FSB/DRAM -2.00 vmem - 1.25 MCH - 4-4-4-12 2TEvga 8800 GTX Silverstone 850W Modular PSUWD WD250KSCooling:Silverstone TJ07 BWSwiftech MPC655 Swiftech MCR320 (Yate Pull Config)Swiftech High Flow Micro-ResD-Tek Fuzion BlockEK Full Cover 8800 GTX Block

Hi Scott,We are sorry for the problems and we would have hoped that you would have posted sooner so that this would have never gotten to this point for you.Can you please give us the step by step procedure you are following so that we can attepmt to reproduce this? From what screen are you attempting to load texture from?Are you running as Administrator?Do things seem to hang or does a certain program freeze up solid?I never have seen a "yes" "no" screen so I really do need your steps.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Jim, Im loading the textures via the "Report Tab" in ASX. I enter the station for my local airport the click "Install X-Graphics Textures" This generally prompts another screen where it asks me if I want to load the textures. ASX never prompts me to do that however the program dosen't freeze or shutdown. It simply acts like I never asked it to load a specific set of textures from XG based on the real time weather from ASX. I'm almost 100% sure I'm in Administrator mode, Vista asks me if i want to run the application everytime i start it. Sorry about my previous comments, i was simply frustrated, when i can get ASX/XG to work it is some of the best scenery i have ever seen. thanks Scott

Seems ASX started working again. I am now only opening ASX and the textures load fine. It seems when i have both ASX and XG open the error occurs. Crossing my fingers I didnt just jinx myself here.Thanks for the help, Scott