Sign in to follow this  
Guest Temp

Landing and Departing on same runway

Guest Temp

Hi all.Could this be a weather program related issue?I'm wondering if since installing SP1 for ASX (FSX), the program is causing "Air Traffic Control" to instruct aircraft to land and depart on the same runway towards each other. They should be landing and taking off in the same direction. Some do take off and land in the same direction and some take off and land opposite and towards you as you're lining up. Very scary indeed! Also, I've noticed that I don't require switching on the Anti Ice on my jets such as the 747-400 (FSX-Default).I use Gatwick (UK) a lot because of the excellent addon scenery by Gary Summons at UK2000 Scenery and I cant say I've encountered this kind of conflict with aircraft landing and departing towards each other on the same runway even with the AI aircraft before. It also happened to me this morning at Glasgow (UK). I had to "Go Around" because another aircraft was taking off towards me. I'm using "Real Time" so I haven't got a clue what this could be. Is anybody else having this kind of problem at airports or is it just me?Thanks.

Guest Kane35

So glad to know im not the only one with this problem! THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME!.

Guest Temp

Another thread started by me which has had no reply from anybody at HiFi as to the probable causes of the issue I oulined above.Thanks.

Hi Temp,This one I did not miss. You asked if anyone else has this issue and not for specific help.This issue is because there are times when FS ATC does not get updated weather conditions. So sometimes you must refresh the ATC system in FSX, the same as in FS04, by moving the time on the clock, usually. The other part of this is that once AI planes have been given clearence to land, they will continue to land on that runway. So, at times we must be patient until those planes land and then we see the correct runway being used.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest Temp

Jim, thanks for getting back to me. Could you just please tell me, when you say "Move The Time On The Clock", what do you mean exactly? Before I click the "Fly Now" button, I have already refreshed/reset to the present and current time in FSX. I then click on "Fly Now". Then, when FSX has loaded, I then receive the ASX weather download completed message across the top of the screen. That's when I check the ATTIS in ATC and (Sometimes) find that the aircraft are landing/departing either end towards each other on the same runway.Secondly, if I understand you correctly, that if this problem does occur, then we should wait a while before taxing to the runway. If that does solve thing, then I take it that ATTIS will amend itself also by giving the correct landing and departure runways?Thanks.

Hi Temp,Wait until AS has done all it's work.Move the time by going to Alt/W/T and physically moving the time 2 minutes forward or 2 minutes back. What this does is it refreshes the FS ATC/ATIS system.Then observe what happens.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest Temp

Hi Jim.I'm refreshing the time like you suggested and now it works every time. Thanks.