Sign in to follow this  
geedub

LoadModule and other Vista 64 problems?

Hi All I am rebuilding on a new Vista 64 based system and have come across a couple of problems with my Hi-Fi software. 1) Activesky X installs and runs but in the initialisation screen it reports an error during the 'LoadModule routine: could not load file:///J:program files *x86)microsoft gamesmicrosoft flight simulator XmodulesFSUIPC4.dll' I assume this is not good. Same report for 'LVLD.dll'.. BTW latest FSX FSUIPC installed today. 2) When I went to install the X Graphics SP1 the installer told me I didn't have X graphics installed. Not correct. Still, I re-installed (as in 'repaired') it, but it sill doesn't install the upgrade. As suggested I used the 'run as administrator' option, even though I already am the 'administrator' in fact only user of my PC. (Now there's something someone might kindly help me to understand!) I have FSX and all related software installed on a dedicated logical drive (right, J: ) and not the 'default' drive. Any solutions please? Could it be a 64-bit thing? Got to say I have been well impressed with Vista 64 so far and it has given me very few headaches. CheersGarethLEAL

OK sorted problem 2 after re-entering Licence Key. Duh. Any help on 1) still appreciated though :-)Gareth

Hi Jim,Thanks. I think what I would really like to know is why did ASX try to reference these dlls in the first place? (I mean what has the LVLD.dll to do with the weather.) Does the X Engine access the modules folder by default on start-up? Why would it post both those errors in the ASX Log window and should I even be concerned (apart from the fact that an error is normally reported for a reason?) RegardsGareth