Hi allI've been using ASv6.5 build 552 in FS9 for a few months now with Ground Environment Pro. A few days ago when I downloaded the Metar's from AS6 into Ground Environment I'm getting the following message:Metar decode errorMultiple-step OLE DB problem generated errors check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was doneI'm assuming it's not actually downloading any of the data into GE. Have you any ideas how I can fix this..ThanksSteve

Hmm...ok...strange though why GEP all of a sudden start having this problem when I/we haven't touched it?Will look for the update, is it called B553? I had a quick look earlier tonight but only found downloads in form of servicepacks but may have missed it - will have another look.Best,

Richard Åsberg

Same here. Just started getting this error after opening GE Pro to decode the latest METAR string. I even went to the HiFi website to download the latest service pack for AS6.5 but still have Build 552 and the same error.What's going on here?? It's somewhat workable even after going into Wx Control and loading a FS9 flight plan but the longer route is to work up a flight plan, save it to FS9, close out FS9 and then open AS6 to load GE Pro textures. So, someone tell me where I can find this Build 553 that is suppose to solve this error message upon opening GE Pro. It seems to be eluding me.Thanks!Joe

Just to get this thing with build numbers correct, is there a 553 build because I downloaded the SP that was suggested here in this thread and after installing that I also got 552 and not 553. And also, has it been confirmed this 553 build if it exists would solve the decode problem in GEPro?

Richard Åsberg

Hi All,We are sorry for this problem.1. There is no Build to fix this.2. As I posted at Flight 1, if you ignore this error, GEP/AS still works as normal.3. As I also posted at Flight 1 we are awaiting to here from Peter about this error.4. I do not know why all of a sudden this error started taking place. We have made no changes at our end with the data or its format.5. If you use ASv6 to auto-submit textures, this error does not happen, and things work normally.If I find anything else out, I will post back here.Thanks!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Thanks for the update Jim and please let us know if you hear from Peter or anyone else at Flight1 regarding this issue.Have a nice weekend and happy flying everyone!

Richard Åsberg

Hi JimAll here seems to be working fine again now..I'm impressed that AS6.5 is robust enough to carry on operating even when there are some bad data points..CheersSteve

Jim,I had tried getting GE Pro to decode the Metars in several different locations. The error occurred while in Africa, Libya and then S. America. I have never had an issue with decoding errors while in S. America region and have flown extensively around there. Granted, Africa doesn't have that many reporting points for AS6, so I suspected that would be reason for the first decoding error. However, I was really surprised when the error happened while decoding METARS in S. America.I will try another area in the US this time. If the same error occurs then there is a definite problem.

Jim,Specifically, I tried from FACT, HESN(not sure if this is the correct ID...going by memory, which isn't good these days ;oP ), HLLT and SBGL, for examples.After I would compile a flight plan within FS Navigator and export it to FS9 (with AS6 already running), I would then open up GE Pro. I would always get the opening message asking if I wanted it to decode the latest METAR string and would select ok. When it's working normally, GE Pro would decode the METAR string, but now I get the error message. Once I close out the error window, I go directly to Wx Control and select the FS9 flight plan. It does load all of the waypoints, but I'm unsure if GE Pro is loading the correct textures based on the wx for all of the reporting points. At any rate, you get the idea.Thanks,