Sign in to follow this  
Guest Carl Hackman

Bright New Future For HiFi as they expand their product line

Guest Carl Hackman

HiFi Simulation Software is announcing new stable mates for ASX, AS6.5 and X Graphics.With the launch of our new web site comes the announcement that 3 new products are in the pipeline for release over the next 12 months.First out of the door will be X Elemental, a graphics management utility, and this should hit the stands before Christmas 2007. This add-on approach is unique in that it allows users to import graphics from their favorite developer's add-ons to create highly customized themes for installation into FSX. Once imported, the graphics can also be further customized by tweaking color levels, brightness, contrast, opacity and more. Users can also create or edit weather influenced settings for each texture variation, allowing simple manual, random and/or weather-influenced combinations from any and all graphics add-ons installed!This will finally give users a central location to gather all the best textures from their current graphics applications and integrate them fully with their weather conditions.X Elemental can even generate basic weather scenarios to allow users to test their themes, fly circuits, practice approaches without having to fire up a fully featured weather engine.X Elemental will be offered at a significant discount for ASG customers. Next in the release schedule is X Planner, targeted for release in summer/fall 2008. A full featured Flight Planning System, X Planner is graphically based and totally integrated for simultaneous depiction and reporting of route and weather conditions.There is also a comprehensive aircraft details screen importing your full FS hangar and each time X Planner is started it will check for new aircraft. These details will help provide more accurate planning for your flight.It goes without saying that X Planner will be tightly integrated with ASX to provide accurate and detailed weather for your route in all phases of planning and flight following.Finally in this trio of new products, Active Sky Advanced is announced, targeted for release in fall/winter 2008. This will be a new-generation weather simulation system giving all the graphical features and detailed weather features you have come to expect from HiFi, but super-charged with dozens of new unique features.Enhanced mapping, voice briefings, online pilot reports, transitional weather and wind smoothing and much more will all be included.ASA will also have new non-tropical storm pressure simulation and enhanced tropical storm simulation with improved coverage of South Pacific and extreme western pacific regions.However, that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Active Sky Advanced, as with our new concept, all applications will be tightly integrated giving a central location for all data and functionality. A critical feature of our new product development concept is sharing of data. We are making it very simple for any developer to tap into our data including reading and controlling weather, reading imagery and more. We want to open our doors to other developers, commercial and freeware, to give the Flight Sim community the greatest choice of products and integration possibilities for their enjoyment.The list of features in these 3 packages is too large to mention here so take a look at the new website (http://www.hifisim.com) and see what is coming to you over the next 12 months from HiFi!ThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Hi Bryan,In theory, yes! How things work out will depend. Write to the developers e-mail so that we can keep you informed when the time comes.Edit: I tried to find the special developers e-mail address and can't find it, so just let Damian know, Bryan. Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Active Sky Advanced with among others graphical display of actual networked Pilot Reports..you've gotta love this. "Real pilot's only wished they had a weatherapp like ASA" Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

X Planner looks like something that will fulfil a need of many and everything else looks interesting.

Guest BeachComer

As a current user of AS6.5 in 2004 and anticipated ASX user, I'm impressed with the jump in Hifi's status and future outlook with this announcement.In light of which, I (almost) hesitate to offer the comments that come to mind now while reading about X Planner's capabilities, but perhaps it will be well-taken. It is certainly well-meant:I hope in your development of X Planner that you consider that portion (however small) of your user base who, like me, might prefer to enter IDs or a route string as opposed to using a graphical planner. It is the shortcomings of graphical planning that caused me to move away from FS' own planner. For example, it takes FOREVER to find one little intersection, which I can instantly add to a flight plan string, already knowing its ID. Being able to enter IDs in NAV is much more convenient, and speeds a potentially time-consuming portion of flight planning. Please don't leave this important (to me, anyway) capability out.Some of us are on VATSIM and using the online flight planner to get preferred routes. I don't believe any other flight planner offers the ability to import (via copy and paste) the route string which the popular online sites produce. I would consider this feature alone to be worth the price of admission.Thanks for reading, and "Good Job" on this new phase of your endeavor.

>I don't believe any other flight>planner offers the ability to import (via copy and paste) the>route string which the popular online sites produce. I would>consider this feature alone to be worth the price of>admission.>>FSBUILD does, I copy/edit routes directly into that all the time as it is the only planner I use for the heavies!http://www.fsbuild.com/