Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FSUIPC4 for FSX - Weather Filtering & Wind Smoothing

Has anyone else tried ASX with Pete's latest beta weather features in the registered version FSUIPC4? I would think these would be of particular interest to HiFiSim and the ASX community as they might affect/improve among other issues, the wind-shift and haze issues. Maybe not as a solution, but a work-around? We'll probably need HiFi to recommend some FSUIPC4 settings that best work with ASX sometime in the near future.Beta FSUIPC4 v1.81 download and info here:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=554882. The weather filtering facilities are improved. The default delay specified for

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I think the problem here is that ASX does not use FSUIPC4 and communicates directly through SimConnect.Glenn

Understood. But, FSUIPC4 is manipulating the local weather variables within FSX itself. After the communications path and the injection of weather. At least that's my take on it so far.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

It may or may not work....only HiFi can tell for sure.Something needs to happen though I know that much.

Hi All,I do visit Pete's forum on a regular basis and I try to learn as much as I can over there. I have been following this also. The thing I am not sure about is where FSUIPC interacts with FSX/Simconnect. If FSUIPC is before SimConnect then that does not help us right now. If FSUIPC is after SimConnect, then maybe we have a chance. I know that more work needs to be done, and I am sure that Pete and Damian/Carl are working on this behind the scene.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Hi all,Indeed we are all working behind the scenes to improve things across the board, wind shift smoothing of course being one of those things.Peter Dowson has been very candid about his attempts to improve things in this department and we've been communicating with him directly in this effort.Right now there are some issues with FSUIPC's attempted smoothing but Peter with FSUIPC is trying to get things ironed out, and we on our end are trying variations of related "tricks" as well. The end result of all this, hopefully, will mean a better experience here but until we spend a little more time on this its hard to say what will come of it. More news soon!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian, it is very good to hear about the collaboration "behind the scenes." I think HiFi & Pete have always made a good team and I'm sure something good will come of this effort.Nice post!If there are any recommendations for us registered FSUIPC4/ASX users, as far as configurations go, please post them here so that we can try some unofficial tweaks as well.Thanks.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE