Sign in to follow this  
Guest reanopp

Few problems with ASX

Guest reanopp

Hi guys,A few questions today.Question #1: I set my ASX to automatically download and update the weather every 10 minutes. However, it doesn't seem to do this. Log example below:20:07:03: Launching FSX...20:07:15: Connected to FSX20:07:51: Fine tuning weather synthesis...20:09:50: FS location change detected... resetting depiction processes20:09:50: Reinforcing initial depiction20:35:08: Downloading global weather data for 2007/10/26 06:35:08 PM (18Z) from Primary Server...20:35:30: Saving weather to disk20:38:45: Download complete20:38:45: Populating weather stream with new data...20:38:45: Parsing line items20:46:29: Wake effect activated... Strength Factor: 120:51:38: Wake effect activated... Strength Factor: 120:52:32: Wake effect activated... Strength Factor: 120:53:31: Wake effect activated... Strength Factor: 120:56:26: Wake effect activated... Strength Factor: 121:05:40: 7682 stations were scanned (462 did not provide recent data)21:05:40: Weather stream fully populated with new data21:31:13: FSX connection closed21:31:13: FSX has exitedAs you can see, it only downloaded weather once in the 84 minutes that FSX was running. I've been flying for about 75 of those 84 minutes. Am I looking at it wrong, or am I right in assuming it only updated the weather once? (By the way, when I'm not in FSX and am only running ASX, it seems to be downloading the weather once every 10 minutes. So somehow it's not doing the updates while FSX is running?)Question #2: It says "Wake effect activated". What would trigger these effects? I thought you only get those if there are AI aircraft present, which there weren't.Question #3: My XGauge doesn't work properly. When I turn it on and press any of the buttons (+, -, met, whatever), it says "Downloading new graphics" or something like that (I forgot the exact words), but when that's done it still looks exactly the same - the buttons don't have any effect. It also only updates my location on the gauge map sporadically, sometimes not doing so for an hour or more.I'm using ASX SP1 (Build 1083) on FSX with its SP1. My system stats: 2GB DDR-400 RAM, Celeron D 2.8GHz (blegh), Radeon X700, 4mbps ADSL broadband internet connection.Hope you can help me with these 3 things :) Let me know if you need any more info.

Guest reanopp

Hi Jim,Ah, sorry, forgot to mention: I already did a complete reinstall, but the problems are all still there. I also tried to run it with "High Priority Processes" turned on, but this didn't make any difference either.

Guest reanopp

Where is it located? I can't find it.

Guest reanopp

By the way, something else I noticed:According to ASX:FACT (CAPE TOWN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT)Wind: 120 @ 0Clouds: Few at 2000Temp: 30 CDewpoint: 18 CAccording to South African Weather Bureau:FACT (CAPE TOWN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT)Wind: 145 @ 15ktsClouds: Overcast at 4500Temp: 25 CDewpoint: 11 CWhere are the ASX servers getting their data from?EDIT:Okay, I noticed the following in the main screen log:16:24:54: 7682 stations were scanned (4520 did not provide recent data)It probably never downloaded FACT's weather, hence the inconsistencies. But why didn't it?Interestingly enough, it DID download data for FAYP (Ysterplaat Air Force Base, next to the airport). It says the sky is clear there (zero cloud), while it's actually overcast and raining there. So something may be a little off kilter somewhere.

Hi,We will look into the missing station reports.Notice the // between the wind speed and direction in the FACT METAR. That is not a normal way of reporting winds, so that is a station data error.The log is in: C:Document and SettingsUserNameApplicationDataHiFiXEngineThanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest reanopp

Ah, thanks! Here's the latest log:16:23:05: Logging Initialized16:23:05: XEngine v1.0.0.327 Copyright

Guest reanopp

If ASX runs alone, yes, it downloads every 10 minutes.If FSX is also running, ASX downloads (on average), only once every hour.

Guest reanopp

Jim,Thanks for the reply - I sent the email :) Hope you guys can do it - ASX has only a few METAR stations for South Africa at the moment and it just... doesn't work out right :) The interpolated weather is very inaccurate.

Guest reanopp

By the way, as for your question on whether FSX supports these stations - I'm sure it does. All the METAR's on that page are for actual airfields or airports, which are all also in FSX.